Yogurt And Granola |3|

Start from the beginning

The amount of close calls the girl had had to meeting even one Avenger was insane. The time she hacked into a bank security camera minutes after Balck Widow left. When Iron Man saved her from a Chatauri. The time she thought she saw Captain America disguised in a crowd at the Smithsonian. Or even when Bruce Banner had made an appearance at one of the decathlon competitions where he literally handed Y/n the trophy.

Everything was insane.

"MJ, are we going to look around or what's the plan?"

MJ lowered her book for a second and continued reading. "There's a tour and then procedure for whoever wants to try for an internship. Most kids spent the whole week preparing. There's like a test or something."

Y/n nodded. Obviously there was no chance she was going to leave without trying for an internship. Even though she hadn't studied for any of that but still. The possibility that she could be considered for an internship wasn't worth missing. And if she did get it, then she wouldn't have to work so hard in every other aspect of her life. She could stop track--she hated it and only did it because it was a chance for her to get a life.

Maybe Y/n could have friends like she did before or--

Her aunt was still a bag though. And who was she kidding, she wasn't nearly smart enough to get an internship.

It was fine. Her life right now was fine.

"Are you gonna try?"

MJ shook her head, continuing to scan her eyes over the pages of her novel. "No, not a big fan of Stark. Although, if getting an internship meant meeting Black Widow, then possibly. But no, because it's a Stark internship."

Y/n jutted out her bottom lip and nodded in acceptance. The pneumatic systems in the bus came to life with a compressed whooshing sound and then the yellow bus began to pull out from the school.

They were on their way. Those Avengers better watch out.

~ ~ ~

Tony had been worrying all night that kid had just suddenly stopped talking. But he wasn't about to frantically ask her if she was alive or not. Yet, the man was nearing his phone. One text wouldn't hurt, if she didn't wanna talk, she didn't wanna talk.

Or she was dead and not replying because some crackhead killed her.

Genius:
hey kid, I hope you're not dead

The billionaire waited in his garage for a few seconds, tinkering on one of his newest suit.

Eventually his phone dinged and he read the message immediately.

Y/n: haha, I'm good. Only a few bruises

Genius:
what?!

Y/n: I'm kidding.

Y/n: I fell asleep on shift. But that doesn't matter. Guess what! My school's going on a field trip to Stark Industies today and we get to try out for internships if we want :D

Genius:
That's great, kid

Genius:
You should try for one

Y/n: I dunno... there's gonna be super smart people there. Tony Stark is gonna be there and Bruce Banner! That's insane

Genius:
What's wrong with that? You dont like smart people or something?

Y/n: no, it's just that my aunt's kinda a pain in my ribs lately. I dont think she'd want me to be gone

Y/n: and also Tony Stark is a litteral genius and I cannot mess up in front of someone so amazing