Chapter 37

~~~~~
~2022~
~~~~~

Harper was awoken to her dad gently shaking her. Sitting up she realised she'd fallen asleep in the car. Glancing around she saw Betsy had gotten out of the car and was wandering around in a daze.

"So it wasn't a nightmare..." Harper's voice trailed off.

Her dad sighed as he shook his head gently. "Sorry sweetheart."

Harper sighed as she let her head fall back against the head rest.

"I bet against our future dad..." she whispered.

He was about to question it but she continued.

"I bet against Ace on our future together and now it's gone..."

"It's not gone, just on pause." He mumbled nodding slightly.

"On pause?" She questioned.

He nodded again. "I mean unless you don't wanna go back?"

Harper's head snapped at him causing him to laugh.

"Well then, looks like we have comic con tickets to book." Her dad spoke softly.

Harper couldn't help herself but grin. "You know if I wasn't wanting to get back to Ace so bad I'd happily settle for Kiefer."

Her dad laughed as he shook his head. "Out you get. I don't need to hear this."

Harper laughed as they both got out the car. Her dad was staying at a hotel until he sorted out a new home for himself, having moved out of the house he shared with her mum.

"Come on cock knocker." Harper grumbled as she grabbed Betsy's arm and began dragging her behind her dad.

Betsy's eyes were wide as she was dragged through the hotel, what the hell were people doing holding small blocks up their faces?!

Harper's dad quickly left them in the lobby as he apparently had post at reception. Harper watched cautiously as a guy around their age approached them.

"I'm sorry to interrupt but you just look so familiar to me." He spoke softly as Harper watched Betsy eye him up.

"Yeah I know I look like Harper from Stand By Me." Harper replied somewhat sarcastically.

The guy clicked his fingers as he nodded. "That's it. Except that actress is probably much older by now." He said laughing slightly.

Harper nodded slowly, there was absolutely no interest coming from her as she kept a firm grip on Betsy's arm.

"Well I don't suppose a Harper look-a-like like yourself has a boyfriend?" He asked, attempting to flirt.

"She does. Believe it or not he looks a lot like Ace." Harper couldn't stop the sarcasm from coming out.

"I don't." Betsy replied quickly as her hand went to twirling her hair around her finger.

Harper gently shook her. "That's because you're a lesbian." She snapped at her. "Isn't even interested in guys unless they have a hot sister." Harper quickly added as she faced the guy.

Betsy was about to argue but stopped as she felt Harper's nails dig into her arm.

"Sorry." Harper snapped as she dragged Betsy off towards her dad.

"What was that for?!" Betsy snapped at her when they were out of earshot. "Just because I've had more dick than you."

Harper scoffed. "Just because I'm going to have Ace for the rest of my life after you were used and discarded."

Betsy glared at her. "I actually hate you so much." She grumbled as Harper led her over to the lifts.

Harper laughed slightly and nodded. "Believe me, the feeling is very much mutual."

Her dad gave them a confused look but shook it off as they all headed up to his room in silence.

Harper finally released her grip on Betsy when they got in the room as Betsy walked around slowly, staring in wonder at the size of the penthouse suite and the objects it included she'd never seen before.

"Laptops in the living room." Her dad said as he held up his bank card to Harper.

She gave him a weak smile as she reached up and took it, quickly rushing over to where his laptop sat on the coffee table.

Betsy followed her and sat down beside her as Harper grumbled but let her as she loaded up the laptop.

In minutes she was on the comic con page as she saw the tab for The Lost Boys panel, celebrating its 35th anniversary.

She clicked on it and watched as Kiefer's picture took the main screen with smaller images of Jason Patric, Corey Feldman, Jami Gertz and Alex Winter.

"Hey that looks like a really old Ace!" Betsy half shouted as she pointed at Kiefer.

Harper raised an eyebrow at her before turning back to the screen.

"Nothing gets past you Sherlock." She replied sarcastically as she quickly followed the links to buy tickets.

Betsy scowled at her but watched as Harper seemingly went through a process of buying 3 tickets to enter before going to buy a ticket for a Kiefer Sutherland autograph.

"Bloody hell that's a lot of money..." Betsy mumbled as she saw the total.

"And if it works you're gonna pay me back every penny."

"I'll never earn that much in my life!" She retorted.

"Oh well then I'll take the next best thing."

Betsy looked at her confused.

"Leave me and Ace alone!" Harper snapped in her face.

Betsy nodded slowly, if she wanted to get home she'd have to agree.

Harper nodded as she turned back to the computer and input her dads details, confirming payment as her ticket soon appeared on screen.

"Is it done? When do we get home?" Betsy asked eagerly as she looked between Harper and the strange screen.

Harper nodded slowly as she looked at the ticket and the date.

"If it works..." she turned and faced Betsy. "We go home next week."

Betsy nodded slowly.

"I want it to work so much."

Harper nodded in response as she turned and shut down the ticket, the screen of The Lost Boys cast re-appeared. She stared straight at the picture of Kiefer.

"It has to work."

Her mind filled with thoughts of Ace.

"It just has to."