I resented my father in some aspects for the strict rules of this mission. I felt like it was really unfair to send me to a planet I had never been to and then tell me I wasn't allowed to interact with anybody. I already felt lonely enough on my own planet. I was scared I would feel this way again on Earth, but Aurora has been more than enough company. She was all I had been searching for this whole time.

But I still wanted to make him proud of me. Not once had I ever heard those words come from his lips and part of me just wanted to hear it for once. Just to know what it sounds like or what it felt like. Leon always got the better end of things, and for that, I was jealous. It didn't take rocket science to know when you were the least favorite child. I had lived hundreds of years with the weight of that on my shoulders and it was crushing. Simply, I was tired of living in his shadows.

Aurora made me feel important though. She made me feel things that my father could never give me.

I looked back down at her with half lidded eyes, my lips parted as I watched her sleep. There was a flutter in my chest, similar to the night that that girl had almost kissed me, but this was a different feeling. Something that I couldn't fully pinpoint– another reason why I questioned human emotions so much. As much as I had studied books about humans, it would have never prepared me for what I was feeling right now.

I looked at my hand, opening it slowly as it drew out towards her head. There was a sudden urge to run my hand over her hair, to touch her, to feel her for a moment. It was pure curiosity with a hint of longing. She was so close, but seemed so far at the same time. But, just when I was about to touch her hair, she started to stir and I quickly withdrew my hand and placed it by my side.

On the inside I was freaking out a little. I didn't know what to say, but I figured that laying here with her like this wasn't a typical normal thing friends did. Or was it? Was I painting this as more of an intimate moment than it actually was? Should I pretend to sleep? Should I get up? I didn't know what to do in this situation and my heart was pounding uncomfortably against my chest.

Aurora's eyes fluttered open slowly, her arm moving from over my hip as she let out a soft groan. I laid there staring down at her with wide eyes, quickly looking down at Astro as if she could help me in this situation.

"Shit." Aurora mumbled sleepily as she pushed herself up on her elbows, batting the sleep out of her eyes as she looked around. She had realized how we had fallen asleep and she quickly looked over at me with a surprised expression.

I laid there, my bottom lip pulled between my teeth as I put my hands up in the air slightly, my eyes widened back at her. Aurora looked over the predicament we were in and quickly moved off of me. Maybe I was right about it being an intimate moment. I hoped she didn't regret it or feel uncomfortable with it.

All I knew was that it left a coldness when she disappeared from my side.

"Shit! I'm so sorry." Aurora said half panicked as she pushed herself to the other side of the couch. "I didn't mean to–"

"I–" I felt myself not knowing what to say, but fixing my exposed skin was a start. I pulled my shirt down quickly, pushing myself up as I rubbed my eyes. "I'm sorry, I think we fell asleep..." I drifted off, pressing my lips into a fine line.

"You think so?" Aurora said, a half chuckle escaping her lips as she stood to her feet. "God, what time is it?"

She grabbed her phone, seeing the time strike nine o'clock in the morning and I widened my eyes. I was supposed to be at the library soon. There was so much I had to do today, I usually never slept in like this before.

"I gotta get Astro back home, she's probably starving right now." Aurora mumbled as she stood to her feet, her fingers rubbing the last bit of sleep out of her eyes.