eleven.

HARRY'S POV

HARRY'S POV

Upon abruptly waking up, I rustled softly around the couch, my toes curling as the sounds of cars passing by the apartment rang through my ears. What time had I fallen asleep last night? What time even was it right now? I kept my eyes closed for a moment, gathering the feeling of waking up before I slowly opened them.

They burned.

Human bodies were so weird, and they ached a lot I had noticed. For instance, why did this sandy material in the corners of my eyes burn me so badly?

I let out a low groan, my knuckles rubbing the burning sensation out of my eyes carefully before looking up at the ceiling. This was the hardest I had slept in a while. Turning myself into star form really took a lot out of me, especially since it was the second time in a night. It wasn't something we were supposed to do unless under special circumstances. In my father's eyes, I doubted he would enlist this as special, but what he didn't know wouldn't hurt him.

Letting out a soft sigh, I lifted my head and was nearly startled to see Aurora's head rested onto my stomach. I sucked in a deep breath, my hands immediately flying up so I didn't touch her. Had we fallen asleep together? I didn't really remember falling asleep. Though, I was so tired last night we may have just accidentally drifted off after all.

Aurora's head laid heavy on my stomach while one of her arms was wrapped around my hip, her other hand dangling off the couch while Astro laid below us. I blinked a couple times, tilting my head as I balled my hand into a fist in a stretch.

She looked so peaceful while she slept, although I had never been this close to a sleeping human before and I had felt this immediate nervousness in my stomach. It wasn't that I didn't want her to be on me, but I supposed that waking up to it would surprise anyone. Right?

I felt her warm breath spreading across my exposed skin from where my shirt had ridden up during my sleep and I took a deep breath again, tilting my head back as I stared up at the ceiling. She felt warm. Soft. Cozy.

The way her hair splayed itself across my stomach, leaving a slightly tickling feeling was something I had never experienced before. I knew I had hair as well, but her hair was so much different than mine. It was longer, for starters. It was also so beautiful when looking up close. I could see undertones against the sunlight that peaked through the blinds that I had never noticed before. The complexity of her figure left me feeling in awe, honestly.

I knew my father told me not to get close to humans and now there was one sleeping on me, but what else was I supposed to do now? Kick her off? I also knew I wasn't the best at understanding human behavior completely just yet, but even I knew that wasn't right. When I thought about it, I didn't want to be away from Aurora anyway. She was like a warm hug, and after last night–

Shoot.

Last night.

I was so disoriented during my slumber that I had forgotten about telling her everything. Was I going to get in trouble? How was I going to hide this from my father? I supposed not saying anything would be a start, but obviously I wasn't that good at lying. I had lied my way into Aurora's friend circle, but I knew that it was going to raise suspicions eventually.