With that, he stood up and left, bidding Gulf a good night.

"What's the use?" Gulf scoffed, still grateful for the offer. He got back on his phone, opening the messages. The name on top was something he would smile at but the text in there, hurtful.

"I'm leaving this country. Tomorrow. Forever. Wish you a happy married life. Bye."

When had Mew ever sounded this polite, yet cold and distant? Where had that loving warmth and care gone to? Oh yes, Gulf brought it upon himself. He was leaving soon. Gulf felt that he better move on as well. His chances of ever seeing Mew again were thin already and then, all that was left to not even let Gulf be able to see Mew even by mistake.

I really lost him, a strangled sob somehow managed to escape Gulf's throat. His fingers worked on their own— no permission from his brains granted— and scrolled to their past. Those heavy pearls falling off the brink off his eyes only clouded his vision more as all those texts they had once exchanged in so much happiness were now deep, brutal stabs to his heart. Those teases, those flirts, those warm converstaion that told Gulf he had really found a shoulder to lean on, those cheesy stickers, the adorable imogis. All those things that once made him smile unconditionally were now the most hurtful visions. His heart had long forgotten how to beat in peace. All he knew to feel now was anxious or pathetic. Nothing else.

*NEXT MORNING*

Waking up to the blaring alarm clock, Gulf groaned at how bad his eyes stung. Thanks to those unstoppable tears that did not stop even in his slumber. "I really have to do this?" he scoffed at himself, re-evaluating his life choices. Should I have eloped with him when he still loved me? He questioned his past self, displeased with what had become of him. As he turned the alarm off, a new notification: "D-Day," I know! He groaned at that.

Getting off the bed, he forced himself through his routine. By the time he got himself to get out of the shower, it was 7:30. His eyes cast to the ground, his incompetence coping with him, Four more hours, and I will officially be a married guy... Why?

"Gulf! You need to hear about this," Techno came running into his room. He wore the fanciest clothes he could think of, a pair of black jeans with a white shirt and a leather jacket. Gulf stood in his closet with only a towel wrapped around his waist. "What?" he asked in a hushed voice for his throat was parched. Techno frowned in concern when he noticed the puffed eyes, Why does he have to cry so much? Why can't life give his misery a break? He entered the closet and sighed, "Me- I mean, he is leaving today. I knew he was leaving, he told me some time ago but I only found out the details yesterday."

"And what do you want me to do?"

Techno was lost for words, how can he say that? "Tell me, please. What do you want me to do, No?" Gulf swalled back those tears, "He and I broke up months ago! He hates me now. Even if I wish to still pursue him, my father will make his life hell! I- I can't live knowing the fact that my irresponsible decisions ruined someone else's life." He put on his trousers and the dress shirt, tucking it in properly. "Really? You were so crazy in love with him and now he's just 'someone else'? And you're fine with ruining your own life for others?" Techno hissed in dissbelief, never had he ever even dreamt that Gulf would turn into a person so dead, "Let me tell you, Gulf Damon. You ruined both — your and his — life the day you submitted to your father's orders."

"Mew has been acting too strong. He acts like he doesn't care. That what you had was a mistake. He tried being like those guys who would be shaming their exes. But he couldn't do that," Techno stated, leaning against the door-frame; eyes running uncertainly around the floor, "You did him dirty. I know, you had your own reasons which were very legit. But still, you did that poor guy so much dirty. It's still a wonder how he can be sane." Raising his head, Techno saw how indifferent Gulf looked, "He tried his best to hate you but he couldn't. He's too head over heels for you. He's leaving not because he hates you but because he doesn't have the courage to breathe this air anymore." Swallowing down a lump, he smiled at how pathetic the situation was.