Touché

"You're acting stupid right now" the tears were close to roll down my cheeks. He must have noticed by now. But he didn't. He was focused on his anger that he did not have eyes and emotion for the tears glistening in my eyes. The eyes of his crush, the eyes of the girl he fell in love with last autumn. The girl that he thought liked him back and broke his heart. 

"I know it must have looked so different from your eyes but please listen to me and trust me. I did not kiss him." I spoke against a wall. I couldn't see his emotions and i was trying to reach him without building eye contact. He didn't dare to face me and kept closing his heart, in fear of putting his trust into a night black abyss. In fear of not finding something to hold onto. "I don't know if i am ready to believe what you are telling me T. I would love to just rake the easy way. How much i would give to be able to forget and rebuild the relationship we had" and then he turned around, eyes heavy with fog of pain "but i can't" his voice broke and I thought I had seen him wipe a tear. I couldn't help but loose myself in his misty eyes. I remembered the times where they shined bright like the sun after just rising over the horizon in the morning. I tried to call to mind that the pure light in his eyes always had been dedicated to me, but his heavy eyes convinced me otherwise. 

"I just want my best friend back" i whimpered. And there it was: a small glimmer of sun. His hand shot out and brought me closer. Way to close. His breath fanned my neck and I could feel the tension cloud my mind. Fingers wandered up my arm and over my collarbone. "Your friend" he repeated while his hand danced over my skin like a water strider over water. My skin missed his touch as soon as he wandered to another spot where his fingers created the same tingling sensation that it did on the last one. Once his fingers reached my face, he cupped it and pulled me impossibly closer, however left just enough space so our lips wouldn't touch. "so I'm just your friend huh" anger underlined his raspy voice and i subconsciously shivered under his touch.

Suddenly he let go of my face and turned around to face the calm water, leaving me hungry for his touch. "I love you Taeha. If you lie to me it will probably be my end. Sage told you everything didn't she?" He asked not giving me a single gaze. Silence was enough answer for him. He turned back around and poked my chest where the pendant of my necklace hung with his pointer finger, to underline his next words. "I will tell you what it looks like in my mind, in my soul. Grey fog. I can't see my path. The fog turns read hurts my eyes when someone or something brings me to rage. I have to blindly stumble around to keep going. But when you are with me T, i am able to see. The fog clears up. Of course it is still there but at least i can see where I'm going and what the way brings. I can see my future T. You make me see my future. But imagine your lie as the abyss that cuts off my way. I will fall into it without a way mercy. And there's no way out for me." he took a breath and turned back around. "If i find out you lie, i don't know what i will be able to do to myself or others" he warned, clearly talking about Changkyun.

After he ended his explanation the silence of the place let its magic take over and engulf us. It felt like the fog was coming closer therefore i took a step towards the water in order to avoid it.  Another step followed and after some more, my back bumped against someones chest. My first instinct was to flinch, but as I focused more on the person i identified familiar arms and hands  "Don't worry its just me" Jeno said with a surprisingly soft voice considering he just held a monolog about falling into night black abyss. "Did you confess to me?" i jumped back to the conversation before, without paying attention to his soft tone. The question had lingered on my tounge ever since the words left his mouth, but i left him space to let go of his emotions. 

This time silence was my answer. I hated that i couldn't see what was going on in his mind because i couldn't see his face, so i turned around and faced him with a challenging smile on my lips. "Did you confess" i repeated. This time not letting it sound like a question but a conclusion. His body language was enough of a yes to put my body back into the state of pure bliss. I was ready to be the light on his path, ready to spend every minute with him and also ready to help him beat those anger issues if that meant i could be with him but the uncleared misunderstanding didn't allow me to vocalise that yet. "I fell in love with you the first time i got to see you. The first time i looked into your goddamn beautiful eyes i felt like drowning." he confessed again and scratched his neck. I could guess that he also thought that it wasn't the best time to confess to each other as we were still in a misunderstanding. 

"If you really like me that much Jeno Lee. I'm asking you: are you ready to believe what i say and put my words over those of others or something only your eyes have seen." I asked him sincerely while i held out my hand as a silent reconciliation offer.  As soon as his soft skin touched my palm, all of the grey and black tints that affected my colourful thoughts crumbled and with it escaped worry and the endless fear of loosing him. 

"My heart waited so long for this moment" I let him know that his feelings weren't one sided before i helplessly  foundered into our kiss. The kiss that brought together what belonged together but took ages and a lot of pain to find each other. 

                                                                             *a few days later*

The four of us were the only customers in the café. Jeno had to work today but luckily the café was empty so we could still spend the day together. He strolled over to our table in is white shirt and the apron wrapped around his hips with my second coffee on his tablet as i said "hey handsome" while i plucked at his apron longing for a peck. He quickly put down the coffee before he gave me two at once. "Let him do his work lovebird" Sage teased with a loving undertone while her head was bedded on Taeyongs shoulder. I was just about to throw her a gaze as the little bell above the door indicated a customer. all four of us turned around to see who it was and reacted the same way as Chankyun walked through the door. I had stood up and completely forgot about my pecks. I was now facing him, jeno on my side ready to help.  

"How dare you to show up here" i said firmly. "i wanted to say sor-" before he could finish his sentence my flat hand landed on his cheek making him stop speaking "Sorry it had to be" the only thing that he dared to say was "Touché" before he left the café holding onto his red flaming cheek.