chapter 1

"Darling are you ready" Kim yelled from down stairs.
"Yeah hold on let me just grab my books "I yelled back
as I grabed my messenger bag full of my clothing with a few books and my photo of my parents and little sister and my book the 'last day on earth' I had also made sure my IPad was in the bag with its charger and grabbed my phone and head phones and the chargers and put those in the bag as well. I walked down the steps to see kim.
"are you ready?", she asked
I nodded my head in response, we walk out to the car and I had said my last goodbye to the house.
it used to be so full of life but when my Dad had snapped and took my little sister Rose my Mom had went in to a state of depressions I had never asked what had happened I only asked if rose was okay and if she was safe. That had happened when I was 13 and Rose was 7. Mom had become a drunk and had turned into a workaholic,we never really talked with eachother after the incident, about 3 months ago she had found a man named Jhon and she had stopped coming around as often and stopped drinking a lot, and almost a month ago she had left a note on the table saying that she was never coming back and that she was sending me of to live with my Aunt. So now here I am in a car with a social worker my Mom had called so that I would have someone to make sure I got on to the plane and go to California.
"Darling you gonna be fine don't worry about it, I had went down and made sure it was a safe place to live your Aunt Leslie has two daughters both around your age, okay"
I had only nodded. Im not really worried all I want to do is lay down and go to sleep. It was a long drive to the Denver airport about an hour drive during the time she had tried to make small talk but all I did was nod.

We had gotten to the airport and went through security and walked to the gate she waited with me until the plane was boarding and I had to hop on. The flight was about 2 hour flight once the plane had landed I grabbed my messenger bag and my book and walked off. As I was walking towards the baggage claim I had saw a sign that said 'Darling Hunter' I started to chuckle as I walk towards it.
"Are you Leslie, my Aunt?" I had asked
"Yes ma'am, this is my daughters Rue and Gia."Leslie replied as she pointed behind her as I look I saw a girl in baggy clothes and messy hair and a girl next to her that had her hair done in a slick back curly bun with a tube top and a pair of ripped jeans. They had both sent over a awkward wave.
"Hi my names Darling but please call me Hunter."
"Names Rue" the girl with the messy hair had said.
"Gia" the other one replied
"Is that all"Leslie asked
I nodded in reply as we started to walk towards the car.

We had pulled up to this one story house I had grabbed my stuff as she parked and hoped out of the back. We had walked into the house.My first thought upon entering was that it was cozy.
"Hunter your room is on the right second door down okay." Leslie had said once I had entered the house .

I walked down the hall and went into my room, the left wall was covered in book shelves with no books on them their was a full sized bed under a window that looked in to the front of the house,the bed had a dark gray bed spread on it and on the right wall there was a medium sized dresser there was no TV tho which didn't bother me i had my iPad and my phone as well. As I started to set my stuff down I heard a knock on the door I had turned around and saw Rue.
"Hey do you need any help?" She had asked
"No, thank you, though if you want you can hang out I don't mind" I replied
" So like what happened for you move up here, if its okay for me to ask."
"My Mom found a guy that she liked a left with him and haven't saw her since."
"What bout your Dad?"  Rue asked as she walked around me and sat down on the bed.
"He left and took my little sister with him one night when I was 13, don't know why tho I never asked" I said as I put my stuff away.
"You have a little sister?"
"Yeah her name is Rose she's now 11." I say as I finish putting my cloths away.  I taken my photo of my family and put it on the book shelf and had put my books away.
"So you keep in touch with your Dad?"Rue asked
"No I haven't talked to either of them since they left 4 years ago. Why do you ask? Are you trying to get rid of me." I replied teasing her
"No I was just curious." She said clearly flustered. 
"I'm gonna go to sleep, you don't mind waking me up when dinner is ready?" I asked
''No, not at all''Rue said.
I had watched her leaver the room and closed the door. Once she had fully left only then I had let out a sigh and hop under the sheets and went to bed.