Chapter Four

The next morning found Kagome sitting at a table as the All Mother went over details of the upcoming wedding. She herself was lost after gold plates with white napkins and gold napkin rings. She never was one for girly stuff let alone wedding planning.

Instead her slim fingers played with the small charm of the necklace Thor had given her last night.

"Kagome dear are you listening?" She blinked and gave a small giggle as she was put on the spot.

"Er... we were talking about place settings for the plates?" She gave an embarrassed laugh as the All Mother smiled and shook her head.

"No dear, I was asking you what you wanted for your, oh what an adorable necklace!" Kagome could only smile as the All Mother zeroed in on the necklace.

"Thank you, Thor gave it to me last night." She flushed at the knowing glint in the elder woman's eyes.

"Can I read the engraving or is it a secret between you two?" She gushed like a schoolgirl. Kagome merely leaned over so the All Mother could hold the small charm her fingers and read over the engraving.

"Actually I was going to ask someone what that meant...I don't read Asgardian." She gave a small laugh yet paused as the All Mother's mode froze.

"All Mother?" She frowned as the elder woman let the charm slip from her fingers like it had burned her. She placed a worried hand on the All Mother's arm. "Are you okay?"

The All Mother shook her head lightly and forced a smile, as to not worry her daughter to be. She would have a serious talk with her son later...to think he would have given her such a thing! To his would be wife!

While it was not a marriage of love she thought she had raised him better! As worried blue eyes gazed up at her she could only plaster that fake smile on her face.

"It's nothing dear, anyways let us return to planning shall we?" Kagome frowned at the sudden change in topic and would not let it drop.

"What does the engraving mean?" The All Mother didn't even look at her as she answered, much more interested in the papers on the table.

"It means beloved." She knew something was off yet let the subject drop knowing it made her mother in law nervous.