Chapter One

Bright blue eyes sparkled as they looked over the golden city of Asgard, she had heard of it in tales. Yet to see it was breathtaking, it sparkled and shined in the light, as if knowing it was being watched.

"It's...amazing." Her voice was breathless as she turned to her companion. He stood, towering a head taller than her, dressed in armor of silver and black, a thick red cloak displayed his station.

He was Thor Odinson, future king of Asgard.

"It will be your home, if you so wish it." His voice was low and soft. Something so unusual for the usually brash loud man. Yet upon her very words hung the balance of all Midgardian and Asgardian dealings.

Should she agree to the proposed deal their worlds would be joined, linked forever more. Should she refuse...then things would be even more tenses. Loki's actions were still fresh in the minds of those who ruled Midgard.

This was their olive branch, so to speak.

Delicate black brows furrowed, a small frown worming onto normally smiling pink lips. Once again the world, no two worlds, rested upon her shoulders. Yet again her powers had gotten her in a sticky situation...

Not long after the 'New York' incident S.H.I.E.L.D had come a knocking, even though she was supposed to be Japan's well best kept secret...the Japanese were known for their pride. She had no doubt someone blabbed about her, no doubt saying had the invasion occurred in Japan she would have dealt with it single handedly.

She could fell gods, what were aliens under a God's control?

Long story short?

She was sent off to Asgard as an 'ambassador' of Midgard...and now it was proposed that they forever join the two worlds by the most basic yet bonding of things.

A marriage.

It was all a farce, everyone knew it yet they all played their roles correctly.

Thor was a nice enough man, honorable, caring...there were worse men she could be tied to. Much worse, she knew while they would be married not out of love but political tactics that given time, she could learn to love him.

At the very least she knew she would care deeply for him, it was her nature.

He also seemed like the kind of man who would try to do the same... Politically the marriage would be a blessing, it would open trade talks and regular transportation between the two worlds...

Both worlds could learn a lot from each other...it would spawn a 'golden age' so to speak. The pros having been drilled into her head by her superiors before her trip to the mythical land.

With a sigh, her mind finally made up, she smiled brightly up at the man that was to be her husband. "I would love to marry you Thor Odinson."

He smiled brightly, pulling her into his arms, excited about the idea of once again being able to travel to both worlds unhindered.

"I thank you Kagome Higurashi and I pledge that I shall protect you always and that you shall stand as my equal in all matters! Now come lets us go tell the All Father the joyous news!" She could only laugh, swept up in the excitement and joy flowing from the man that would one day worm his way into her heart and unknowingly tear it apart.