I braced myself as River put one hand on top of my shoulder and his other on the side. "Do you want a countdown?"

"No, just do it please," I answered, feeling nervousness in my chest and resisting the urge to pull away. If he wastes any more time, I know I'll loose the courage to let him do it.

Silently, he placed a kiss on my forehead. Then, in one quick movement, he pushed my arm back up into the socket.

My cry was muffled as River quickly pushed my head in his chest and hugged me. My tears started to soak his shirt, once I started crying I couldn't stop.

"It's okay baby." River spoke in a soft tone while rubbing my back comfortingly, trying to calm me down. I tried to stop crying, but with everything that happened and the soreness in my arm, it was nearly impossible.

"It's all over, Cove." Azalea moved her hand to my hair and gently ran her fingers through it.

Slowly nodding, I finally pulled away from River's shirt and looked up at him. My eyes were undoubtedly red and swollen, but he still looked at me like I'm the only girl in the world.

"I love you Cove," he whispered. Those three simple words were full of emotion and somehow meant more to me than a thousand words ever would.

"I love you more, so much more."

A smile crept up his face and I mimicked it. Our lips quickly connected and we kissed. Nothing else mattered to me in that moment, it was as if time stopped and no one else was there. Just us.

I didn't notice a car driving up and a someone getting out, nor a familiar voice calling my name.

I didn't question how the girl I met in the mall got here, all that mattered in that moment was River. My River.
🌊 🌊 🌊

A few months later...
"Can you grab the drinks?" Camilla's voice called me to the kitchen.

"Yes, one second." Crouching down, I quickly clipped the leash on Bubbles before handing it to Daisy. "Hold the leash tightly, okay? Don't let Bubbles go," I instructed.

"I got it, I'm a big girl!"

"I'm know you are."

As I walked into the kitchen, the smell of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies hit me. My favorite kind.

"Azalea, can you take the cookies off the tray and put them in a container? Cove, the drinks are in the bag on the table."

I laughed at how Millie is giving orders to everyone and we all just follow without question.

During the past few months in which I've gotten to know her better, I realized how bossy her personality is. In a good way though, she likes to take control and make sure everything runs smoothly. I honestly don't know what we would do without her.

"Jeez, we're just having a picnic, not a whole military operation," Azzy joked.

Millie smacked her on the back with a kitchen towel. "Oh it might as well be at this point, you don't know how to follow basic instructions. The cookies go in a container, not a ziplock bag."

"Ow, why does it even matter?"

"Because! Plastic bags are bad for the environment, in this house we reduce, reuse, recycle."

"Millie, this isn't even your house," River joked as joined us in the kitchen.

"Careful, you're treading on dangerous waters. You know how bossy she can get. For now, it's her house."

"Yeah, what Cove said! It's my house."

We all bursted out laughing and I felt a rush of happiness. You know that feeling where you just want a moment to last forever? Where all you feel is pure joy, no bad memories or emotions affect you during that period of time.