𝟎𝟖 || 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐄𝐒 𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐕𝐀𝐋

CHAPTER EIGHT. The Rouges Arrival.

    WYVERN'S ERUPTED ROAR ECHOED THROUGHOUT THE HILLS, as him and Daerna settled onto an opened hill with nothing but grass and field mice — that Wyvern failed to catch, as they were too small for his mouth but not for his keen sight

Daenera chuckled at the dragon, who hopped along the greenery in search of a rabbit family to snack on. If he'd be fortunate, he'd catch a bird. Days had been lonesome for Daenera ever since Rhaenyra had taken leave in search of a husband. Daenera had already been done with her dreadful tour, with no luck of finding a husband that fit her caliber.

Benton had given her company, at least. But Daenera found herself outside of the castle, more than in, these days. With Benton's ever longing fear of dragon back, he hadn't found himself joining her on her adventures anytime soon.

Daenera's tipped ink quill, lazily pressed against the white sheeted paper she wrote on — in hopes it'd make in time for Rhaenyra to receive it, before she'd be onto her next castle.

Daemon Targaryen had been gone for a total of four years — when he had decided to embark back to King's Landing. He had not seen a member of his clan since his stand-off with Daenera at Dragonstone, leaving their relationship in an odd place. Daenera had not given much thought to her uncle, unless he was brought up in conversations. Daemon however, heard nothing but things about the Princess every waking day. With his war at the Stepstones against the Crabfeeder being finished, he had nowhere to go. His marriage to the Lady Mysaria was no more, since he had taken leave for war. Daemon was unknown of the woman's whereabouts, but then again, did not have much of a care for her.

His return to King's Landing was unknown to the towns people, only Viserys and the council — along with the knights, being aware. Meaning, Daenera had unheard of his returning. Viserys never enjoyed sharing the news of Daemon to his daughter. He didn't have felicity when it came to their closeknit relationship, it seemed. He was wary of such people like themselves being close in togetherness — knowing the two being alone, was a dangerous game. Viserys had always felt irked by how similar Daenera was to Daemon — leaving him in worries of what was to come in the future if they were to become too close.

Though, it seemed as if Daenera brought a sort of calmness to Daemon — Viserys couldn't deny, he had seen it too. With Daenera being heir to the throne, Viserys had hoped she'd find a man that would calm her in the way she could calm Daemon's unapproachable antics.

The prince's shocking arrival pleased Viserys, once coming into realization that his brother was in the mind of the sane. But with one daughter just arrived, another was still missing from the throne room.

The force of Caraxes wings brushed the land of grass, clearing a spot for the lean dragon to land on. Wyvern let out a roar of excitement, as the two dragons had always been smitten with each other. Daenera's eyes shockingly stared wide-eyed at Daemon, the Princess being stunned by the appearance of the prince.