~Who Are You..?~

A/N THIS TAKES PLACE WHEN POPPY AND BRANCH WERE KIDS! I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE CUTE TO SEE HOW THEY MET AND HOW THEY'D ACT, CAUSE IVE BEEN WANTING TO WRITE SOMETHING WITH THEM YOUNGER FOR A WHILE NOW. :] NOW, THERE WONT BE THAT MUCH BROPPY IN THE BEGINNING, ITS MORE TOWARDS THE MIDDLE THROUGH THE END.

This one can get a little dramatic in the beginning so just a fair warning x3

{It's from Branch's perspective}

ENJOY!!

~Who Are You..?~

Alone.

That was one of the many ways to describe Branch lately. Completely alone. Just about a month ago, Branch had made the mistake of losing himself in a song, when unknowingly a Bergen came. He was too blind to even see it coming, and his Grandma sacrificed herself so he wouldn't have to be eaten by the Bergen.

All Branch had been thinking about since then was what had happened, and how terribly he'd messed up. He felt that his Grandma's death was his fault and he felt so much shame for her passing.

And not only that, but he also had been thinking about how he was the last left in his family. He had no one else. His Grandma was the last person alive in his family with him, but then she slipped away from him.

Branch felt that every troll that he loved always died and left him feeling more broken-hearted. He had no Mom. He had no Dad. And now, he had no Grandma.

For the past hour, Branch sat alone in the woods up against a rock, hugging his knees and resting his face in his arms. His face was stained with tears as he continued to mourn over his grandma and think of how wrong everything was going.

After a few minutes, Branch lifted his face from his arms and just stared out at the forest. In the distance, he could hear trolls celebrating their escape from the Bergens.

Branch was too depressed to even attend their party. In fact, he thought their parties were a stupid waste of time now. And, he still felt like the Bergens would come back for them eventually.

Branch had been smart enough to not make the decisions that the other trolls were making. He learned that the louder you are, the more likely the Bergens are to come and eat you.

Suddenly, Branch heard the loud boom of fireworks coming from Troll village. Branch covered his ears from the loud book of their celebratory fireworks. He hated how loud they could get.

And the loudness of them worried him. Okay, he admitted it, he was worried for the village's safety just as much as he was for his own.

He really didn't want anything bad happening to them, but he guessed he couldn't warn them now. For no one would even listen to him, he was just a poor, useless, gray Trolling!

"Someday they'll learn. They'll learn from the mistake of these loud noises. One day, reality will come back to bite them and let them know what life's really like..." Branch murmured glumly with a sigh, wiping a tear from his cheek.

Branch weakly stood up and picked up some sticks that he'd collected earlier on a small walk that he took. Ever since his Grandma's passing, he'd always grown fond of increasing his survival skills.