Chapter 12: Crimeboys

It was not, in fact, as if Wilbur wasn't there.

As soon as they took off from the starting line, Tommy's older brother started screaming his head off and clutching anything he could grab as if it were the only thing between him and death. It was only a little distracting as Tommy started counting the blocks they were passing and watching for landmarks.

"TOMMY HOLY SHIT HOW IS THIS SAFE!?" Wil screamed, his voice cracking a bit in the middle.

"IT'S NOT!" Tommy yelled back, laughing as Wilbur made a strangled noise and gripped his seat even tighter.

By the first turn Tommy had tuned out his scaredy cat of a brother and turned his focus to the cars around him. He had managed to grab a pretty good lead early on despite the banshee in his passenger seat and only had 4-ish cars near him.

Obviously there was Techno and Dream battling it out in front of him, to his side was Quackity who was frantically waving at him and grinning like an idiot past Karl, and behind him was Sapnap with his brightly-colored Skyline.

"Wilbur," Tommy said, looking over at his brother for a moment. "You might wanna hold on."

"What does that- HOLY FUCK, CHILD!"

Wilbur's questions were cut off as Tommy swerved to the side, pulling onto a drop off ramp a block before the 3rd turn of the race. He slammed on the gas and flew off the end of the ramp, landing just in front of Technoblade and Dream on the final stretch. Grinning like mad, Tommy shifted and seemed to press the gas even further, crossing the finish line first and skidding to a halt as the two previous champions slowed to a stop just past the line.

"TOMMY THAT WAS INSANE! ARE YOU INSANE?" Wilbur half asked, half screamed.

"But we won!" Tommy replied, laughing.

The two got out of Tommy's 'Big Man Mobile' and made their way to Punz's table, where Tommy was promptly chewed out by Technoblade about his stunt with the ramp.

"Do you know how dangerous that was? Let alone unnecessary!? You could've-" Techno suddenly fell silent, looking at something just over Tommy's shoulder.

"Well, looks like a new challenger arrives," A smooth voice said from behind Tommy, "Welcome to Manburg Racing, Theseus."

///////////

I've said it once I'll say it again, I'm a sucker for strong ending lines. They're just great.

-Onyx