Chapter 8: Rewards

Technoblade hadn't said a word since Tommy finished talking and Tommy hung up, unable to stand the silence any longer. He turned the radio up full blast before getting back on the track and flying around until his fuel light lit up and he was forced to pull off.

He didn't realize until then that at some point a crowd had gathered to watch him, all people new to him, besides Sam of course, who was standing near the back with his arms across his chest and looking at Tommy in a proud, almost fatherly way.

"What?" He finally asked after they had all stared at him a bit too long.

"Did you not notice?" Sam asked incredulously.

"Notice what?"

"Tommy you just beat the track record! Do you know what that means?"

"Uhh, I get to go on the wall?"

"Tommy, it means you beat Dream's record, granted it's a few years old, but still."

"That's like adding insult to injury," one of the poeple Tomny didn't recognize said, a greenish looking guy with glasses.

That comment took Tommy a moment to process before he realized,

"HOLY SHIT! Wait, you mean I actually won last night!?"

"Yeah," Sam replied, "speaking of, Ponk gave this to me for you since I figured I would see you sooner than he would."

He pulled out an envelope about twice as thick as Tommy's wallet has ever been and for once, he was speechless. For a moment at least. Then his energy returned and he ran for his streetcar, practically speeding to Tubbo's house, eager to show off his winnings.

"TUBBO!" He yelled, bursting into the boy's room, "LOOK AT WHAT I JUST GOT!!"

"HOLY SHIT!" Tubbo yelped, falling off his desk chair and nearly landing on Ranboo, who was sitting on the floor leaning against Tubbo's desk.

"Hi Ranboo," Tommy said," Look what I got!"

He held out the envelope before remembering it's blank.

"IT'S THE WINNINGS! I WON!!"

"YEAH I KNOW! Wait, did you not? I thought you went on a victory lap and forgot about me!"

"No I got pissed and ran off because fucking Techno was there,"

"That makes sense. Anyway how much is there?" Tubbo aksed, reaching to open the envelope.

"Last I heard it was a thousand dollar reward, I didn't think to actually check!"

And so they tore open the envelope and started counting, ending up with a little over 2 thousand.

"Are we sure we know how to count?" Tubbo asked.

"Here Ranboo, tell us how much is in there," Tomny said, handing it off to the taller boy.

Ranboo didn't take very long to look back up at them, still sitting on the floor, and confirming that it's 2 grand.

"Where did you get this? And what did you win?" Ranboo asked as he handed the money back.

Tubbo and Tommy shared a look before Tubbo burst out,

"Toms is racing! Last night was his first race,"

Tommy noted that Tubbo had left out the part about it being slightly illegal and decided to leave it like that.

The rest of the day was spent trying to figure out what the hell they would do with the money, Tommy having decided to share with Tubbo as a further apology for leaving him behind.

/////

Kinda a filler but I'm still figuring out how to progress lol, also might be a small burst of updates because my school was canceled for the rest of the week

-Onyx