Natural Redhead.

(Rue Narration)

When Aurora and Fezco arrived home after the party, she went straight into the bathroom and had a burning hot shower, letting the steamy water burn her skin and mask her sobs and gasps. She hadn't had a panic attack for a couple weeks.

I know it probably doesn't really look like it to you guys, but Aurora was actually doing pretty well; well as good as you can get with having PTSD, borderline depression and crippling anxiety.

she wasn't having frequent panic attacks, the nightmares wouldn't have her waking up the whole house anymore and she's so close to getting in that church, finally being on the path of feeling at peace with life.

So close to admitting to Fez how she feels about him.

She texted everyone she trusted for comfort; Maddy, Cassie, Kat, Lexi... and me. We all seen the message but blanked it; only Lexi replied.

Everyone's quick to come ask Aurora for help, but when the roles are reversed its only Lexi who's always there.

I wasn't a good person back then.

Aurora POV

AURORA : "Did u get Ashy into school?"

FEZ <3 : "Told him u'd smack his ass red if he didnt, kid basically ran to school."

FEZ <3 : "Yo aren't u meant 2 be in class? Get off ur phone and go learn shit, makin me proud  x"

My cheeks turned pink at the text as i smiled down my phone while walking to the cafeteria for lunch.

AURORA : "Lol it's lunch. What time u wanting me at Lexi's for?"

FEZ <3 : "After skl till 9? Mouse should be out the house by then ma."

"YO BITCH!" I jumped out of skin, nearly tripped over my feet. I was the only one walking down this corridor so i knew that was for me.

I've been such a bag of nerves since Greg has moved here.

"whoa, sorry i never meant to scared you that bad. Nearly killed you on the spot there." It was Rue.

I would be lying if i said that i wasn't pissed off at her for blanking my text asking for help. But I guess she may be going through a lot so i put my act on and smiled as I turned around.

When i turned around i saw Rue with the new girl, Jules.

"Hey, we met at that store last week? Aurora right." My mouth was unable to form words at the sight of Jules all of a sudden, so I just smiled and nodded shyly.

"Yeah she goes out with that dude who also works at store, Fezco." Rue smiled.

"Awww cute!" Jules smiled.

"No wait-"

"And the kid with the tattoos who looks like he bites people. That's their kid Ashtray."

"NO WAIT!" i exclaimed a little too loudly, both Rue and Jules looking at me with wide eyes.

"Sorry." I chuckled nervously at Jules' eyes being on me. "Ash isn't my actual kid, i just helped raise him. And Fez isn't my boyfriend he is my.......  um well I'm single anyways."

Rue's eyebrow raised at the weird and shy way I'm acting, jeez am I being that obvious? She shook her head, thankfully deciding not to comment on it.

"Um anyways, could you check Jules' arm to see it isn't infected? You're good with stuff like this, being a borderline mom n' all ." Rue asked showing me Jules' bandaged up arm.