45. DOLORES

BAM! The door slams behind you the second you step out. You and Camilo can't help but stare at eachother in confusion for a moment.

"Uhm..." you start.
"So..." Camilo continues your statement.
"What am I gonna do...? I don't exactly have anywhere to go..."

Suddenly, Camilo's eyes light up.
"BET- IT'S SLEEPOVER TIME!!!"

"You mean-"
"YUP! YOU CAN STAY OVER AT MY HOUSE!!!"
"Like- actually?"
"YES."
"WOOOOOO!"

You both start flipping out because of how excited you are... You look like fools, jumping around outside your mom's house, but you don't exactly care.

"So... when should we go?"
"NOW!"

Camilo takes your hand and drags you to his house. On the way there, you ask him several questions.

"Does your family like me?"
"Yes."
"Do they know we're dating, now?"
"If Dolores kept her promise, then no."
"Do they know about my gift?"
"Well, there's no way they haven't seen the door."
"Are we gonna check out my new room together?"
"Ok, chill out with the questions."

When you make it to the Casa Madrigal, you take a deep breath before stepping in. Looking around, you notice that everyone is gathered around your door once again. Oh no.

Mutters are being exchanged, usually containing the questions of who, when, and how. Somehow, nobody notices you... that is, until Camilo tries to get their attention.

"Hey, Abuela!" he yells up to the second floor. A terrible mistake.

Everyone turns to him, then to you. They seem concerned. Why? You also notice that they can't seem to take their eyes off of you. This level of energy makes you uncomfortable. A few more mutters are exchanged before Abuela begins speaking.

"Camilo, do you know whose door this is?" she asks.
"Uhm," he says reluctantly, "actually, yes. I do."

You spot Dolores in the crowd, seeming very uncomfortable. You know what she's thinking, and once you make eye contact, neither of you look away.

"Well..." Camilo continues, "The other night, y/n and I went to the mountains, and while we were there uhm..."
He looks at you.
"...we-"

Suddenly, Dolores bursts:
"CAMILOANDY/NKISSEDANDWHEN
THEYGOTBACKTHEDOORWAS
GLOWINGSOY/NOPENEDITANDGOT
ANTI-GRAVITYPOWERS!"

Everyone looks at her in astonishment.

"DOLORES-" you and Camilo shriek in sync.
"What in the-" Abuela Alma starts.

Pepa barges in.
"What'd I miss?" she says quickly. You see Mrs. Alma whisper something into her ear. Suddenly, a rainbow appears above her head.

"OH MY GOODNESS MI HIJO!!!"
"Oh no..." Camilo says, unamused.