16. Who's There?

As you walk down the street, you can't help but think about Camilo. So much has happened already, and you just met him hours ago.

After replaying the moments you spent with Camilo in your mind, you begin to wonder about what Mrs. Julieta and Mirabel were talking about. Does Camilo really talk about you like that?

Suddenly, you see a dark figure standing in the distance. After taking a few more steps forward, you recognize the figure. Oh no. You don't want to interact with them, but there's not a good way around the shadow.

Deciding not to risk it, you turn around and start walking back to the Madrigals' house. Walking with silent steps, you calmly listen to your surrounding.

Surely enough, you begin to hear footsteps behind you, walking at the same pace. After walking a bit, the figure begins walking faster. Hearing the tempo of the shadow's footsteps increase, you too increase your pace.

When Casita is within view, your worry begins to fade... that is, until you hear the figure start sprinting.

Scared, you begin running as fast as you can, trying to escape the shadow behind you. You can hear it getting progressively closer.

When you reach the Casa Madrigal, the doors open, and the tiles raise below you, throwing you into the house. Before the figure can come within the light of the house, the doors slam shut, and all you hear is a loud thunk.

After waiting a moment, you can't help but start crying out of fear. It's been a long night.