2. Antonio and Dolores

As you near the party with your mom, you can see the lights flashing in the distance. Your mom begins talking about her friends at the party, but you zone out, only thinking of one thing: the Madrigals.

You've never met them before, and don't know their gifts. You don't even know any of their names. Your mom notices the look on your face and puts her hand on your shoulder. You look up at her, confused, and she smiles.

"Are you worried about the Madrigals again?"
"Maybe," You respond.
"Look, there's nothing to worry about. They're just like ordinary people."
"But I don't know anything about them."
"Well, maybe you can talk to them. I hear that they're very nice, always doing things for the town."
"Maybe..."

Suddenly, your mom's face brightens as she spots a familiar face nearby. As she motions for you to move into the crowd, she quickly shuffles off into the distance to chat with her friend. You look around you, nervous.

You hate events like this. People around you seem to huddle into groups like penguins. You start to walk around, searching for someone you might know. There are very few people your age around.

You see a young kid directing people around. He can't be more than 5. As you approach the kid, a tropical bird lands on his shoulder and starts chattering.

You stare at him, surprised, as he starts talking to the bird as if it were human. After a moment, he hands the bird a card, and sends it off. He then looks up at you. With a startled look still on your face, you address him.

"You must be one of the Madrigals," you say.
"Yup! Antonio Madrigal at your service!"

You can't help but chuckle because of how cute he is.

"Who's running this show?" You ask, bending down to his level.
"Well, right now my sister Dolores is working everything out."

A woman with curly hair quickly walks towards the boy.
"I heard my name. What's the problem?"

The boy looks at you, and then at the woman. Is this Dolores? Where did she come from? How did she hear her name all the way over here?

"This girl was just asking who was running things."
"So I came over here for nothing."
The woman looks at you.
"I'm Dolores, by the way. Nice to meet you." She offers you her hand.
"I'm y/n, nice to meet you too."
As you shake her hand, she suddenly turns her head.

"Sorry, I've got to go. Camilo dropped some dishes again..." As she turns to leave, you grab her attention again.
"Wait, can I help? I don't have anyone to talk to, so I'd love to be of assistance."
She looks at you for a moment, considering it, and then tilts her head to the side.
"I don't think you'll like Camilo, but if you have nothing better to do, then alright."

She quickly grabs you by the arm and runs. As you exit the crowd, you become confused.
"Where are we going?" you ask.
"To our Casita."