Chapter 25 : Salazar Slytherin's letter and heir of Darkness!!

Start from the beginning

Lilly was the true descendant of Salazar. The Evangeline line must have suffered something drastic that made the last witch or wizard lose their magic, but their traditions and names never vanished. It was very evident in the fact that even after a thousand years, the daughters were named after flowers – Petunia and Lily. And the magic had once again manifested after two squib lines met. His maternal Grandparents were squibs from Slytherin family and Ashwood families which triggered magic in Lily Evans, giving her the vivid green eyes of the Slytherin family. He realized that Tom Riddle was the descendant of the adopted son – Salazar Slytherin Jr. That's how the Gaunts came into possession of the locket; Junior must have married into the family. Salazar Sr. must have given it to his son or the younger man must have stolen it after killing his father.

Harry got his emotions under control and stood up. He would not fail Salazar. He looked at the parchment in front of him and said in a clear voice –

"I, Hadrian James Potter, scion of the Most Ancient and Noble House of Sytherin, do hereby solemnly swear by wearing this ring to uphold the values and traditions of the Evening Shade family. As Scion Evening shade, I swear to bring back my family's honor and strive for the betterment of my magical brethren. This I swear, so mote it be!"

A Black aura surrounded him, as if testing his worth. Harry stared ahead, with determination swirling in his eyes and soon the family magic accepted him. Soon the Ring which was in the drawer appeared on his ring finger. The ring had Black Ruby set on it with a phoenix engraving appearing on his ring finger. Harry concentrated, and the Slytherin ring transferred from his ring middle finger to his left as well. The Black aura slowly seeped into his skin as the magic of the Evening Shade family entered Harry.

End of year exams were canceled because of the chaos of Chamber of Secretsbut one thing was good that year Lockhart had also been mysteriously convicted of obliviousness to several people and passing their achievements for himself, and the aurors had had to escort him out of the school rather forcefully. He had tried to fight back against them, but spells meant for stopping pixies hadn't helped much against highly trained wizards and witches, and Lockhart had been led from the hall with a bloody nose and crossed eyes.

At Lockhart's trial, which had taken place on the first day of the summer holidays, he had been found guilty of obliviousness to many more people than previously thought. Along with wiping the memories of those who had done the deeds he had taken credit for, he had been obliviating Muggles prior to all that so that he could perfect the obliviation charm, and he had also wiped the memories of anyone who had discovered his secrets, adults and children alike.

The court had clearly found him guilty and most of them had wanted to throw him in Azkaban for life but Dumbledore had objected, saying that Lockhart deserved a chance to repent and 'atone for his mistakes.' In the end, Dumbledore had partially succeeded due to the fact that he influenced many families into agreeing with him and Lockhart had been sentenced to 50 years in Azkaban though by the time he would come out of there he would be a frail old man, haunted by nightmares constantly due to overexposure to the dementors.

Presently Harry was in Lord's Study in Potters Castle he had not told his Grandfather about Evening shade family and Salazar's Letter as Dumbledore may intercept the letters it would be really dangerous for him to get to know about Evening Shade family and even he wanted to surprise his Grandparents.

Charlus and Dorea were sitting in their chairs waiting for Harry to talk.

"Grandmother I have a present for you here take this letter this is letter written by Salazar Slytherin himself" Harry said handing her the letter she took it very curiously being a slytherin herself she had a lot respect for Salazar Slytherin

"What is there in it Harry come on tell me what's the matter you didn't even let me have my lunch hurry up I am hungry" Charlus said gesturing towards his stomach

Harry didn't respond instead he raised his hand and made the Heirship rings were visible

"Now why are you showing me Heir rings? I know it looks good but............." Charlus visibly paled when he one extra ring on harry saw and when he saw the crest on the ring

"Harry ho...... How do you have an Evening Shade ring" Charlus said he didn't get any reply. Instead he was handed the letter which Dorea was holding. She had tears in her eyes and at the same time. When Charlus started reading the letter he understood what was happening. After he finished reading the letter when he kept it down on the table everyone were silent for few minutes when Harry broke the silence and spoke

"Grandfather Grandmother I am sure the Evangeline line must have suffered something drastic that made the last witch or wizard lose their magic, but their traditions and names never vanished. It was very evident in the fact that even after a thousand or Hundreds of years, the daughters were named after flowers – Petunia and Lily. And the magic had once again manifested after two squib lines met which triggered magic in Lily Evans, giving her the vivid green eyes of the Slytherin family Trait. And also that Tom Riddle was the descendant of the adopted son – Salazar Slytherin Jr.remember Grandfather you told me that Gaunts always told that they were the heir of Salazar slytherin but they couldn't claim it in Gringotts this is the reason."

"Yes whatever you told is right now we have to tell al this to Lilly as she is descendant of Slytherin and Ashwood families and Thomas a I have decided should be given Ashwood family lordship but we will not tell him this or give the Heirship ring until he is intelligent enough as you said that this year he was easily manipulated by Dumbledore which would be very dangerous after he gets to know about this" Charlus finished

Both Harry and Dorea nodded and agreed on this that Thomas still had learn a lot of things

"Now we come to an important matter that this summer you and Thomas, maybe even Rigel and Draco will be joining you for training which you will be undergoing in Potter Castle in Dover. This is a special training Harry so I want you to give your 100% percent in this. You will be returning only few days before your birthday" Charlus said to Harry

"Yes Grandfather it's a great opportunity to train under Potters Army I will not let it go waste" Harry nodded Honestly

All of them were were discussing various topics and discussing about the school year

"Now what have you planned to do about the basilisk in the Chamber of secrets?" Dorea asked Harry

"Yes Grandma I have planned to send Salina to Slytherin Castle which I had planned to tell Grandfather to renovate it with Gryffindor Castle which would have fallen to disrepair" Harry said

"Yes about Gryffindor Castle you should first go take control of wards and allow us into wards after which we can start the renovation" Charlus told

"Ok then I will be leaving now only" Harry said

"OK but I want you to be present here by today evening as I have James and Lily for a Family meeting. We will today tell them about Slytherin and Ashwood families, which is Lilly's heritage." Charlus told

"Ok grandfather I will take your leave" Harry Bowed and left the study as he had to go to Gryffindor Castle where who knows he may find Godric Gryffindor's diary by which he could get to know about his life.

Hey guys Review please I will start working on the next chapter soon.

Notice - I desperately need a beta i cannot post next chapters before i finish editing my old chapters for which i need a beta if anyone of you are interested dm me please.