Chapter 25 : Salazar Slytherin's letter and heir of Darkness!!

Start from the beginning

We were very happy about that, but we were also scared. She hid her pregnancy, but nine months later, she died in childbirth. Oh, how I wish I could have asked Helga for help, but discretion was our focus. I was devastated, but when I saw the beautiful baby girl who was in my arms, I knew I couldn't let Evangeline down. I named our daughter Amaranth Evangline. She is named after an old Greek flower, and as I understand it, it is a tradition she seems to have followed in her family in that she names the female members after a flower. I decided to give her mother's name as well, so that she could honor her mother for the rest of her life. She also seems to have inherited my green eyes and so have her children. It is a trait in my family that all of the Slytherin children have emerald green eyes, even if they don't have the gift of parseltongue.

If you're reading this, then that means you passed the blood ward that I placed around this room. Please do not disturb the basilisk unless the castle is under attack. Give her specific orders, but try to leave her alone. Call her to battle against the muggles only if all is lost, as innocent witches and wizards could die in the attack as well. But it is better to die by the stare of a basilisk rather than being mutilated by those filthy muggles.

And that brings me to muggleborns. I had a beautiful plan that would integrate them into our society by obliviating the muggles and taking and raising the magical children ourselves. This would ensure that we are not compromised. It is difficult to trust the muggleborns as I'm not sure if they will betray us to the muggles. But at the same time, I can't help but feel sorry for them. My idea of fully integrating them wouldn't be possible right now as Helga pointed out to me; raising Amaranth was difficult, and I can't imagine raising hundreds of children. Hogwarts is a school, not a nursery. If it is possible, please work on it. Use the Slytherin title and try to work things out in the Wizard's Council. You'll probably save many lives.

My daughter grew up at Hogwarts under the watchful eyes of those faithful house elves. Rowena discovered that Amaranth was my daughter, but she agreed to remain quiet, although I'm sure Godric suspects it as well. Amarantha grew up to be a fine young woman and I couldn't be more proud of her. She met a young man in Greece and fell in love with him. I'm happy that my dear daughter has found love and happiness. Her husband even named their children after Evangeline when he realized how much Amarantha's last name meant to her, and I can't help but admire him. Merlin, that boy is powerful. He can probably give Godric a run for his money in terms of sheer magical power. In the end, my son-in-law turned out to be a better son than Salazar could ever be.

But now, I have to go confront my son. Thinking about killing him makes my heart ache, but I shall do it. He has killed many witches and wizards in his bid for power, and I cannot let that happen. Salazar seems to have a family of his own. Yes, he had married someone from the Gaunt Family, but what can I do? He is terrorizing people using my name, and I have to put a stop to it. Godric has volunteered to come with me, but I can manage on my own. I am confident I shall return to Hogwarts triumphant.

My dear descendant, you may be wondering why have I kept Evening shade Family Rings here with my letter it's because Evangeline was squib descendant of the great Evening Shade family which had gone extinct before 200 years I found this out after death of Evangline after Amarantha took Blood test I had decided to hand it over to my descendant when he returns to Slytherin title which is rightfully yours please accept the ring and magic of the Evening Shade family. It shall help you in your future endeavors as I'm sure you'll go on to do great things and yes I know Evening Shade family is known has Darkest of Dark magical family in the world it's all rubbish magic doesn't have any Light or Darkl as people label it so pride your Family name. My blessings are with you always.

May you always succeed and Mother Magic be by your side.

Salazar Slytherin.

Harry looked at the piece of parchment, his eyes brimming with tears. Here was a wonderful man who did his best for the people of the country, but he has now been vilified and hated for nearly a thousand years. He felt like ripping apart Hogwarts: A History for all the lies it has sprouted about his ancestor Salazar Slytherin. His ancestor . . .