39. Aman's anniversary & egoistic ASRs

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Arohi, no!" Khushi trying to snatch the knife from her at the same time apologizing to Aman and Purvi, "Hey devi maiyya, I am so sorry amanji, purvi ji"

"Arre, it's no worries Khushi mam. We'll cut the cake with this cutie here." Aman smilingly took Aru from Arnav's arms and sent a look to his wife, who just grinned and nodded. After all, they were all ready to practice what was soon going to be their reality!

"Aman, let me order a new cake for you guys." Arnav tried to pull his phone to call a bakery

"offo ASR, we got to pose with little-ASR here and you want to take that chance away? not happening!" and with that the cake was cut with Aman-Purvi holding Arohi!

--*--

"Arnavji, no ice cream without Aru finishing her dinner." Khushi came in time to see Aru had asked for a plate full of every dish available on the buffet menu and not really eating anything beyond a spoon! And now was asking for ice cream!

"She didn't like it Khushi. its ok." Arnav was about to put away the entire plate of food

"its not ok. We've had the same food, it was not bad. Aru, you have to at least finish the rice, it was just like we have at home. Come on, fast. And then you get ice cream" Khushi took the plate and held a spoon in front of Aru. Arohi looked with puppy dog eyes to Khushi and then to her dada but before arnav could say anything Khushi spoke again,

"Fine, forget about coming to park with me, Chiku and pari if you don't finish it and your Dada wont be coming to save you either." her ultimatum worked as Aru ate few more spoons of rice and Khushi stopped feeding her knowing to keep some room in her small tummy for ice cream. But, now Aru refused to have ice cream!!!

Arnav felt bad as he wiped aru's mouth and then handed her to Mamiji.

"That was unnecessary and very harsh, Khushi. " Arnav made his displeasure known, her insistent discipling was too much sometimes. But Khushi didn't say anything, instead left to get water, skipping dessert herself too.

--*--

Whole ride back home, even though Arohi was seating in khushi's lap again, both mother-daughter were not on "speaking terms". Arnav was caught between his angry wife and upset kid, so he just kept driving home. In some time, the tired kid dozed off, giving the adults room for whispering.

"So what if she cut the cake, Khushi? Waise bhi cake bacche hi cut karte hai. Aman and Purvi are not kids, Aru is."

"Big deal is it wasn't her birthday or her family member's. Amanji didn't say anything but he must have felt intruded na?"

"I offered to order them a new cake. And not to forget, you forced her to eat something she didnt want."

"She needs to learn to eat properly, Arnavji. Don't you agree Akash jijaji?" Khushi looked for support but Akash didn't want to intervene.

"Khushi if you expect my 2 year old child to behave like a 20 years old, then sorry but it is you who needs to understand, not her."

"Aur nahi toh ka? Hello hi bye bye, sahi toh kehat raha hain arnav bitua, our aru is a small kid so what if she cut the cake? Kaunsa earthquake aa jayi hai? And even grown ups don't know how to eat at buffets, they why punish our baby?" Mamiji added, making khushi look down at her child, was she really making a mountain out of a molehill? Besides, her baby didn't even have ice cream because of her! (although Khushi too didnt have her dessert then, but that was obvious!)

--*--

Aru was as egoistic as senior-laad-governor! When Khushi and Arnav went on to kiss their kids goodnight, they kissed Kavish and Pari and as Khushi went to kiss aru, she turned her face away and instead went to Arnav's arms, only kissing him who kissed her in return. So jr. ASR was rejecting to kiss her!

"thik hain, nahi chahiye aapki kiss, so jao aise hi (fine, don't give me your kiss, go to sleep)." Khushi stomped out of kids' bedroom leaving a grumpy Arohi and astonished Arnav behind. The banters this kid had with Khushi were too much of a reminder of his own with her in initial days. He decided not to meddle!

Khushi was talking to her amma before sleeping while Arnav finished instructing Aman as he was on leave that day for his anniversary. Needless to say, she was restless as Aru went to sleep upset with her.

"Baat kar lo na bitiya usse, you cant sleep when either of them are upset"

Khushi agreed, she wouldn't sleep a wink with her baby being upset on the other side of the door! She sighed and was going to go the kids' room when she sensed Aru coming behind her on the bed. Khushi stopped for a moment and then resumed talking on phone, smiling,

"Lekin amma-"

She then felt two small arms go around her neck and soon after a small face hidden in the crook of her neck, with feather light touch of her baby's cheek and lips

"mamma" arohi whispered, and just like that khushi's anger melted away! How was she going to resist that cute baby of hers who knew exactly how to pacify her?

"amma, I will call you later." She cut the call and put the phone away. Aru was still in same position at her back. Khushi pulled her in front, so she landed in her lap. Khushi immediately hugged her tightly to her heart,

"Why do you do it shona? Hmm? Aap itni good girl ho toh fir aise kyun behave kiya waha pe (you are my good girl na then why did you behave like that)? You can't cut someone else's cake, and you can't waste food, hai na?"

"hmm. Sholly." she had no mood to reply more than that as she was finally content feeling her mom's love and khushi showered her with kisses.

After a few minutes, Khushi felt soft breaths against her chest only to realize Aru was already asleep, her mouth slightly open, a drop of drool dripping from her lip, and she was lightly snoring too.

Khushi chuckled seeing the adorable picture her child made, she wiped her lips with her thumb and kissed her on her cheek and forehead "my shona baccha. Tomorrow, I am going to make home-made ice cream for you." she said to a sleeping Aru and that's how Arnav found 2 of his favorite girls, (3rd was thankfully already asleep in other room) who were crazy, fought with each other all the time yet loved each other so much!

--*--

A/N – I have said many times, Aru is a lethal combo of Arnav and Khushi, she inherited only 'certain best' qualities from her parents :P But just like her dad, she has a heart of gold and knows how to pacify Khushi! Also, this is no way a disciplining lesson, but just a way I imagine Jr. ASR to be.

Next few chapters will be about past, revolving around Khushi's pregnancies, it was an old request from few of my readers (who have gone silent now, maybe tired of waiting for this one, its coming up guys, you too come out of hibernation now!).