Chapter 11

Okay, first off, I loved the season 7 finale of Legends and I totally called that twist with Sara, not going to say it in case you guys haven't seen the episode yet. Hope there will be a season 8 since there are too many arcs that were started in the finale to be left unanswered. And also, to answer the question I know someone will ask, I have not decided if Booster Gold will be in this story.

Zari and Behrad Tarazi were currently running through the streets of Seattle, 2042, trying to lead the Argus forces pursuing them away from the refugees they'd been helping the resistance get out of the country and their diversion had workday, since thanks to the air totem that they shared, both Zari and Behrad were considered metas, so Argus had shifted priority to them.

"Any chance we could maybe take back this plan?" Behrad asked Zari as they paused for a breather.

"I wish bro, but we can't. And honestly, we shouldn't even be stopping now, since those guys are almost on top of us." Zari said.

"Think we should risk flying off?" Behrad asked.

"No, they'd shoot us down. We just need to find a vehicle we can steal." Zari said.

"Ever wish that maybe we'd just stayed in Canada with mama, baba and Adrianna?" Behrad asked.

"Sometimes, but then I remember that we're fighting the good fight. And someday, the resistance will take Argus down." Zari said, right as they heard gunshots nearby.

"Come on." Zari said as she grabbed her brother and they ran towards an abandoned building, not hearing the Argus task force behind them stop or the leader reach for his comms.

"This is Agent Treller, the plan worked, we have forced the targets towards the building. Be ready to take them out on my command." Agent Treller said.

"Copy that. The charges are set, we'll let you know when they're in the blast zone." an agent said on the other end of the call.

"Copy." Treller said as he and his team continued pursuing the Tarazis, needing to keep up appearances.

Zari and Behrad were both panting hard as they entered the building.

"Hey, did you notice that those guys stopped chasing us?" Behrad asked as they moved away from the glass window and headed deeper into the building in the hopes that they could just wait these dicks out until they left.

"Yeah, come on, let's find a way out of here before they come back." Zari said, since from what she could tell, this building was essentially a dead end, and they'd allowed themselves to get cornered into it, but it had been the only cover they could take.

"Wait, do you hear something?" Behrad asked as Zari perked up as she tried to listen until she heard what her brother was hearing. A beeping. A beeping they knew all too well.

"Crap, this whole thing was a trap. Argus never cared about those refugees, they were trying to draw us out so they could take us out." Zari said.

"Think we can make it out in time?" Behrad asked.

"We won't know if we don't try?" Zari said, but before they could try, all entrances and exits to the room they were in were suddenly sealed.

"Guess we're not getting out of here." Behrad said.

However, before Zari could respond, they both felt the ground open up beneath them and they fell out of the building, literally right as it exploded.

"Well, that was certainly a close call." Sara said as she used the time courier to close the portal that Zari and Behrad had just fallen through.

"And they show amazing grace. I'd given them a 10 on face plants." Jax said.

"Very funny Jax." Sara said.

"Where are we? How did we get here?" Zari asked.

"Long story. This should answer it." Sara said and before Zari or Behrad could say anything, Sara quickly tapped the memory ring to restore both of their memories.

"Okay, thanks for the save Sara, but next time, do you think you could've given us a bit more of a graceful entrance?" Zari asked as they recovered.

"Yeah, sorry about that, but we had to make sure we kept history on track." Sara said.

"Wait what?" Behrad asked, as Zari looked over and fully processed that both she and her little brother were currently on the Waverider together.

"Yeah, there's a lot to fill you in on and we will, after we get you to the medbay so that Gideon can make sure you're both healthy." Sara said as she helped Zari up and Jax helped Behrad up and they both took them to the medbay.

"So, the universe we're living in now is basically a do over world?" Zari asked and Sara nodded as they both sat down in the chairs in the medbay.

"Yeah and apparently when we got the mind downloads, it restored our memories of not only the post Heyworld timeline with Behrad, but also the pre Heyworld timeline with you." Sara said.

"Well, it is nice to not be stuck in the air totem and to be a legend with my brother. But, uh, where's Nate?" Zari asked, looking around and Sara chuckled.

"Our next stop. But Gideon recommended that we get you two out first since you're the ones who were supposed to die. And Zari, this timeline might not be exactly what you were hoping for but." Sara said.

"But at least it's a timeline where my parents are living safely in Canada where Argus can't touch them, along with the twin sister I now have. Still trying to figure out how that happened." Zari said.

"Actually, I think I can answer that, since I have my memories of the old universe, including the timeline where I joined the Legends instead of you and I think that Adrianna was kind of the timeline's way of balancing things out since from what I remember, she's basically the you of my timeline. If that makes any sense." Behrad said.

"Strangely it does." Zari said and Sara chuckled.

"Anyways, you guys need to know now that we can't take you back to the resistance, since they can't know that you survived." Sara said.

"What do you mean?" Zari asked.

"According to Gideon, the moment we pulled you from was when you both were supposed to die and your deaths were a major factor in your resistance's efforts and eventual victory. If you want them to win, you have to let them think you're dead. As far as your parents go, maybe we can find a way to let them know you're alive, but not right now. Right now, we need to finish recruiting the rest of the team. Right now it's only us, Jax and Ava, who is currently on the bridge right now." Sara said.

"What about Stein?" Behrad asked.

"He's not on the team. In this universe, Jax is somehow a solo Firestorm." Sara explained.

"Okay, so who's left?" Behrad asked.

"Nate, who's our next stop, John, if he wants to join, have to say, I wouldn't be too teared up if he didn't, though his magic would come in handy, Ray, Nora, Mick and Snart." Sara said.

"What about Charlie?" Behrad asked.

"TBD." Sara said and the Tarazis nodded as they sat back and let Gideon work her magic on them.