Chapter 8

Here's the list of Legends' trophies. Savage's dagger, the Longinus Medallion, the spear of destiny, a time stone, the rings that make up the spear of Destiny, Tabitha's staff, Bridgid's Diary and any items that are stolen as souvenirs by their resident kleptomaniacs.

Also, Sara will receive her healing powers in this story, but she will not be cloned or anything like that and she'll have another power that feels appropriate for the captain of a timeship. Feel free to guess what it is and how she'll get it.

Jax was surprised when he saw a blonde woman wearing army fatigues walk up to his cell.

"Hey, you new?" Jax asked her.

"Yeah, you could say that. Look, I'm here to get you out of here." the woman said.

"Yeah right." Jax asked, since he'd given up hope of anyone ever getting him out of there.

"No, it's true. I know you have no reason to trust me, but I really am here to help you." the woman said.

"And why the hell should I believe any military people in this place?" Jax asked and the woman sighed, since that was a fair point.

"I didn't want to have to do this yet, but I guess there's only one way you'll ever trust me." the woman said as she slid some kind of ring on.

"Is that ring supposed to make me trust you?" Jax asked.

"Yeah, but not the way you think. Stay still." the woman said and before Jax could do anything, the woman pressed the ring against his arm and suddenly, Jax could remember her name, among other things.

"Sara." Jax said and Sara smiled.

"Hey Jax, you look like crap." Sara said.

"Ha, ha, get me out of here." Jax said.

"I'm surprised you don't have questions." Sara said.

"Oh I do, but they can wait until after I'm free, have had a shower and a decent meal." Jax said.

"Fair enough. Think you can transmute your way out of here, since I'm assuming you didn't know your powers could do that before now." Sara said.

"Even if I did, I couldn't, not with whatever it is Eiling put in my head." Jax said.

"Wait, what?" Sara asked.

"When he first captured me, Eiling had his goons implant some kind of device in my neck that keeps me from using my powers unless he wants me too." Jax said.

"Sounds like him. Do you know how he triggers it?" Sara asked.

"Some kind of remote." Jax said and Sara sighed.

"What about Stein, where is he?" Sara asked.

"No clue, but I know that he's not here voluntarily. Eiling is threatening Clarissa and Lily to force his compliance." Jax said.

"Just another reason to kill him. Ava's searching for Professor Stein now so we can get both of you out before Argus storms the place and detains Eiling, though now, I may have to kill him." Sara said.

"What about my powers?" Jax asked.

"Once we get you out of here, we'll get you to the medbay on the ship and have Gideon remove the device." Sara said.

"Where's Rip?" Jax asked.

"Oh, he's currently locked up at the Vanishing Point, somehow Gideon was able to get some kind of software update that restored her memories of the old world and she came to this time period to get Ava and I to save him. But before we do that, we figured we'd round up the rest of the team." Sara said.

"Why are you really putting it off?" Jax asked his captain.

"Payback for all the times he's screwed us over." Sara said.

"Sounds about right. Now think you can get me out here?" Jax asked.

"Yeah and hopefully, this thing should also give you your power back, at least temporarily." Sara said as she pulled out a small orb.

"What's that?" Jax asked.

"Portable EMP. It should short out the locking mechanism and whatever tech Eiling put in your neck." Sara said and Jax grinned.

"Set it off captain." Jax said with a grin as she nodded did exactly that as she activated the EMP generator and sure enough, the pulse knocked out the lock on the cell door, enabling Jax to walk out a free man.

"So, feel like burning up?" Sara asked and Jax grinned.

"Let's find out." Jax said as sure enough, he was able to go Firestorm.

"I missed seeing that." Sara said.

"And I missed being able to do it." Jax said with a grin.

"Come on, let's get moving. We need to find Ava and Stein and get out of here." Sara said and Jax nodded, more than eager to get some payback on the bastards who'd held him prisoner.

General Wade Eiling was very annoyed and concerned when he heard that the Firestorm asset containment unit had lost power and his inhibitor collar had been disabled.

"Get eyes on him immediately and tell all troops to make their shots count, since they're not likely to get a second chance." Eiling said.

"Sir, we've got another problem." another one of his subordinates said.

"Great, what is it now?" Eiling asked.

"Lyla Michaels is here with Argus." the soldier said.

"Great. Order evacuations." Eiling said, knowing they were blown.

"Not so fast, General." Lyla said as she and her troops entered the command center, guns drawn.

"Director Michaels, what a surprise." Eiling said.

"Wade Eiling, you are under arrest." Lyla said as she proceeded to read off the charges and cuff him as his subordinates were similarly detained.

"You can't do this." Eiling said.

"Actually I can. The president has recently issued a new bill that states that metahumans are now entitled to the same human rights as regular humans. Which means that you have definitely violated more than a few civil liberties. Take him away and make sure that all coerced assets are released." Lyla said to her agents, who nodded as they escorted Eiling out.

After the raid, Jax and Sara met up with Ava and Stein and Sara proceeded to restore Stein's memories too.

"It is good to see you again Ms. Lance." Stein said as they hugged.

"You too, Professor. I'm only sorry that we couldn't get you and Jax out of here sooner." Sara said.

"What's important is that you did and now I am free to go home to my wife, since Lily is in Star City." Stein said.

"I'll call Oliver, ask him to keep an eye on her for you." Sara said and Stein smiled.

"Thank you Sara, I'd really appreciate it. But you Jefferson, I expect you to go with Ms. Lance and Ms. Sharpe, since while my glory days may be behind me, yours have just begun and now you can claim the full power of Firestorm on your own." Stein said.

"It won't be the same without you Grey." Jax said.

"Maybe, but I think that it's time that the Legends embarked on a new adventure and should you ever need my assistance, I'm just a call away." Stein said as Lyla approached them.

"If you're ready Professor, I can have some of my agents take you home." Lyla said.

"I'd appreciate that thank you." Stein said and Lyla nodded before nodding at Sara before she left with Stein.

"Okay, time to recruit the others." Sara said as she, Ava and Jax headed towards the Waverider.