Promises

~𝑁𝑎𝑟𝑟𝑎𝑡𝑜𝑟 𝑃𝑂𝑉~

[Y/n] was only getting farther away from the group. "Damn it!" Naruto said, frustrated. "We have to catch up with her." Kakashi stated.

"That girl.. she seems to care a lot about Gaara." Lady Chiyo spoke. "She always has." Sakura replied. "[Y/n] may not be a Jinchuriki, but she understands their pain more than anything. She's the last sealing chain user, a technique passed down throughout the Uzumaki clan. Not many understand her power, and what people don't understand, they fear." Kakashi spoke.

Naruto choked back his tears. To see his sister go through so much pain, he couldn't bear it. "People treat her as much as a monster as they treat Jinchuriki. But, my sister isn't anywhere near a monster. If they actually bothered to get to know her, they'd understand that she's actually an angel." Naruto said. There was silence.

"A while back, when we were about seven years old, I tried to abandon her." Naruto said. Kakashi, Sakura, and Lady Chiyo gasped. "You- what?" Sakura asked, shocked.

"I thought that I was the reason she was suffering so much. I thought that if I wasn't her brother, she'd have a better life." Naruto stated.

𝐹𝑙𝑎𝑠ℎ𝑏𝑎𝑐𝑘

"Wow.. the forest is so pretty in the spring!" [Y/n] said, excitedly. "Yeah.." Naruto replied, with his head down. "I still don't understand. Why'd you bring me out here?" [Y/n] asked.

"I.. don't think you should be around me anymore. Go somewhere else." Naruto said. [Y/n] gasped. "What?" she asked, pain and shock filled her voice. Naruto tried his best not to cry.

"What I'm saying is, you're not my sister anymore. Ok?" Naruto said, teary eyed. As he looked up, his heart nearly broke. There were tears pouring down her face, her eyes filled with absolute despair.

 There were tears pouring down her face, her eyes filled with absolute despair

"D-Did I do something wrong?" [Y/n] asked. "No. Just go, please. If you stay around me any longer, people will start treating you just as bad as they treat me." Naruto said, turning around.

[Y/n] quickly ran and jumped onto Naruto's back. "I don't care! I don't care if they treat me badly, I don't care if they treat me worse! I'll never leave you, no matter what!" she exclaimed.

Naruto didn't respond. "You'll always be my big brother. No matter what happens I'll always be with you! So don't push me away, don't leave me here all by myself!" [Y/n] exclaimed.

She let out a devastating wail, kicking around her tiny feet. That's what did it for Naruto. His stoic demeanor dropped. What was he thinking? He couldn't leave his little sister behind. "I'm sorry. I just don't want you to get hurt." Naruto said.