Be cool, Bree...

Before I could even knock the door opened, and Drew's welcoming gaze fell upon me as she took in my appearance. It wasn't until I was standing in front of her that I suddenly turned into a literal mess, but I attempted to keep my shit together.

She pulled me inside, "That didn't take long."

I shrugged, "It would've been even shorter if my sister hadn't interrogated me at the door."

I could see a look on Drew's face that was unsettling at the mentioning of my sister. I knew she didn't like the fact that my sister kind of resented her, but it was the situation and we had to deal with it.

She shook her head, "You didn't tell her... did you?"

"Hell no," I laughed uneasily. Just thinking about that made me cringe, "Are you insane? She probably would've followed me here and demanded a rematch in your living room."

This time Drew's amazing laugh filled my ears, something that didn't really happen often but when it did it would literally stop you in your tracks. It was contagious, and the warmth that came with the sound was magnificent...

"Then we won't tell her," Drew's light eyes fell upon me, the carefree atmosphere welcoming me and making me feel at home already.

Then of course Milo was at my feet, his tail wagging and brushing against my legs. I knelt down and rubbed his face, "Hey Milo."

His black and white furry face rested in my hands, his pink tongue hanging slightly out of his mouth. He really was adorable, and I would take him if I could bring him to my apartment.

I stood back up and revealed my bottle of wine, "I brought my favorite."

Drew smirked, "A sweet red wine, nice."

I followed her through her open studio, heading past the living room area and to the kitchen. It honestly was a great setup but I knew this place had to cost a lot, which made me wonder how much she actually made working at that gym. A narrow staircase ran along the wall, leading to some sort of loft which I pinned to be her bedroom. This place was nice, and I couldn't help my curiosity at this point.

I placed the bottle of wine on the counter and asked, "How much do you pay to live here?"

She pulled out the popcorn she had cooked in the microwave and smiled slightly, "Too much."

"As in?"

"A little over four-thousand."

I could feel my mouth open slightly, wondering how in the hell Drew could afford that. I mean I'm sure it included everything except electricity but... damn.

I knew there was no way she made four grand at the gym, "Drew, how much do you make at the gym...?"

She poured the popcorn into a bowl while her teasing smile spread onto her face, "Not enough for this place, I can tell you that." She then swiped the few movies from the counter along with the bowl of popcorn, "My bedroom doesn't have a TV so..."

I shook my head, still confused over the whole rent situation, "Wait, so how do you afford...?"

She placed the bowl of popcorn on the side table next to her couch that was actually pulled out so we would have a lot more room to lie down. Cushions and blankets made the sofa look awesomely comfortable but Drew seemed to ignore my question for a second.

She looked up, smiling, "I told you I fought for money, right?"

I nodded, "But, you can't make that much... you know, to afford...?"