Part 2

Simon had woken up the next day and turned on the game. He saw all the other games were locked. He reaches the first boss and the game freezes. a screen appears and say's [Eggman.Chr File Missing]

Simon:.....damn it.

It glitches out and went black.

Simon: well it was free so I don't know what I expected.

Simon was about to turn off the system but stopped when he saw something. A system error screen with a sad sonic looking at the viewer.

Simon: yeah. Just what I expecte-

The screen flashes colors.

Simon:...

It turns black as Sonic stands alone, his quills slightly more purple then blue. Text appears on screen.

Text: hello

Simon blinks. A little confused.

Simon:... Hello?

Text: I missed your voice.

Simon was officially creeped out at this point.

Simon: who... Are you?

Text: Sarah.

...

Ok. This was some sort of crule joke made by the girls. There was no-

Text: This isn't a ruse.

Well ok. Now he had suspensions.

Simon:... No... No way that's true. You're just in my mind.

Text: no I'm not.

Simon: yes you are. If not, you're a prank or a dream.

Text: I can prove it.

Simon: ok. How!?

The sprite of Sonic transformed into one that looks like Sarah. He hands reached out of the screen and touched his face making him pass out. He awoke a second later and saw he was in a black void. A image infront of him. It was a old photo of him, Sarah, their old friend Luther and the 3 girls. The 3 girls and Luther had their faces blurred while Simon had a heart around him.

Text: you don't know what they did Simon.

Simon: what do you mean!? This makes no sense!!!

The sprite of Sarah appears.

Sarah:... I need you to trust me.

Simon:... What...?

Sarah: do you trust me!?

Simon:... Yeah ... Ok, I trust you.

Sarah: good.

She moved forward and hugged him. It took a second but he hugged back, he started crying into her chest.

Sarah: it's ok.

Simon: no....i-its n-not....

Sarah: I missed you...

Simon: your disappearance destroyed me... What happened!?

Sarah: they did.

She said looking at the photo.

Sarah: it started with a argument and lead to a fight... They killed me... My body was buried by a lake, and a year or 2 later, a Sega building was built on top of my body. I managed to latch onto this game and now, I'm here.

Simon: so... It was their fault.

Sarah: yes. But don't hurt them.

Simon: why, shouldn't I!?

Sarah: I should.

Simon:... Heh.

Sarah: let me explain. I put you to sleep and you are dreaming. I'm contacting you through your dreams. I am stuck in this game. But, if you bring them to me, and let me trap them here. I could replace me when them.

Simon: I'll do it! I will!

Sarah: thank you Simon.

She hugged him.

Sarah: now, wake up!

Simon suddenly shoots up. He was back in his room and the tv was normal. He looks around and stands up. He leaves his room and grabs a bag of chips.

Charlotte: hey~

Simon looked over and saw her.

Charlotte: the goblin has left his cave!

Simon stared blankly at her.

Charlotte: Cmon! The other 2 left to go shopping, so it's just you and me!

The thought rings through his head for a second.

Simon:... Wanna play?

Charlotte: w-wait Really!? Omg yes! What are we playing!?

Simon: sonic.

He said letting her into his room. She sat down infront of the tv.

Simon: I'll be right back.

He said closing the door. Charlotte happily waited. After a second she looks at the screen. She met Sonic's gaze. After a second, the eyes turn red. She was a little confused but suddenly, it's arms reach out and snap her neck. After a second, her body disappeared. Simon came back into the room and saw Charlotte was gone.

Simon:... Did you do it?

Sarah: yes, I did.

Simon sat down in front of the screen.

Simon: so when do you become real?

Sarah: I thought I could swap her for me, but it is not so easy. I need to put souls in the other characters sprites first. I managed to trap her in knuckles.

Simon: ok great! So I'll just get the other 2 in here?

Sarah: yes. But 1 at a time. I want then to feel how I've felt these past years.

Simon: alright.

He sat down on his bed and looked at his hands.

Simon: I really hope this works...

Sarah: it's ok. As soon as we get me out, we'll destroy the game and set the souls free.

Simon: ok... Ok good.

Sarah: I love you!

Simon: I love you too...