That moment, Zayn reenters the compartment and hands Louis his tea, of course no sugar and a bit milk. He always acts tough and sharp but on the inside he's a little baby and he loves Louis and knows every single bit about him.

Louis smiles sweetly and mouths him a kiss which Zayn returns immediately, flopping down next to Liam and leaning against him, he takes a bite off his chocolate bar and leans his head on Liam's shoulder to join his reading.

Oh, that's another thing. Zayn and Liam have bonded right immediately just as much as Ashton and Louis have, just that with Ash and Louis it's because they're literally almost the exact same person, with Liam and Zayn it's because they're so different. They're both quieter than the other two boys, but Zayn is quiet because he's constantly annoyed by everyone and everything and Liam is quiet because he enjoys spotlight the least of all of them and always stays a bit behind.

But in reality, he comes up with the most prank plans, the quiet evil mastermind out of the group, which everyone who looks at them from the outside would suspect to be Louis or Ashton. It's Liam and that's sort of their secret weapon, Louis is sure.

The rest of the train ride is calm, just the four of them and tea and snacks, chatting and talking shit about Nick. Liam gives Zayn a back massage and Ashton and Louis play football with the wrapper of the snickers bar for a few seconds until they realise it's not an amazing kind of ball and they don't have enough room for that in the small compartment.

Louis eventually falls into a light sleep with his head in Ashton's lap, the other boy stroking his hair softly while he continues watching his Netflix show.

That is, until he hits him with Liam's magazine to get him to wake up again and tell him that they've arrived and need to leave the train. Louis groans as he sits up, rubbing his eyes and stretching his limbs even if he was only asleep for a few minutes. He yawns dramatically and Zayn smiles at him, handing him his jacket and taking both of their backpacks.

Ashton and Liam talk about greek statues (Louis has no idea how they started on that topic) as they leave the train, stepping onto the pavement of the station nearest to the school. It's not some fucking Hogwarts shit, so they don't have a train that brings all of the students there at the start of the school year sadly and everyone has to get there on their own. After last year where each of the boys were accompanied by one or both of their parents, they decided to take the train together and walk the last few minutes through the small village.

The landscape surrounding the big building of the school is mostly forest and long grasslands and the nearest village is about a twenty minute walk away. They are allowed to go there on the weekends, to get some tea in a cafe or even go shopping in the small mall.

"So Lima" Ashton says as they all mostly get away from the crowd of people on the platform who now want to get onto the train in order to not cause any trouble. "We're all shit at this inner GPS system so you'll have to get us out of this train station"

"Of course" Liam sighs, but he's smiling and they all link arms in order to not lose each other in the crowd of busy people.

It's warm, not too warm since they're still in fucking England, but a comfortable, only T shirt temperature and the birds are chirping and Louis smiles at that, he loves summer.

The four of them just make their way towards the main hall with the shops and tourist information centres, as Zayn seems to spot something or rather someone in the crowd and comes to an abrupt halt.

Liam walks into Zayn at that since he didn't look where he was going and Zayn stumbles at the impact, Liam catching him with his hands on his waist from behind.