Fourty-two: the big game(4)

Warnings: same as last time :(
___________________________

We arrived back at the police station as Morgan suggested ideas to Hotch. I was in the back of the line, worried. I was still thinking about Spence. A little Voice kept telling me something was wrong. I just couldn't really do anything.

We walked to a desk and hotch called Garcia. I was sorta listening in. I couldn't stop thinking about my boyfriend.

Apparently Garcia told us there was another viral video which is very upsetting. People are sick.

Once Garcia sent us the video, it was awful. A women was getting mould by dogs. In my FBI training, they never prepare you for that.

"Wait!" The cop said. We all looked at him disgusted.

"You haven't seen enough?" Derek asked.

"Those dogs, those three dogs attack someone a couple of months ago. I would have had them impounded, but the victim knew the owner. A neighbor he didn't want to press charges." The cop replied.

"You sure?" Gideon questioned.

"As god is my witness." The cop said. He searched through records of the dogs attacking and found it.

"Here it is." He said and showed Hotch the charges.

"You have the owners name?" Hotch asked.

"Hankle." He replied and my heart stopped.

'Oh no.'

"Hankle? As in Tobias Hankle?" I asked and the cop nodded.

Tears sprung to my eyes as I grabbed my phone to call my boyfriend. He didn't pick up.

"Fuck!" I yelled. Everyone looked at me Shocked except for Hotch.

"What?" Emily asked looking panicked.

"Spencer and JJ went to Tobias's house! It's about an hour away!" I yelled while panicking.

"Alright, everyone to the SUV, now!" Hotch said as we all ran to the cars.

Spencer's POV:

JJ and I arrived at Mr. Hankle's house. We tried to asked questions but it didn't work, he just denied everything.

"That's weird, why bother calling the police in the first place if later you're just gonna pretend it didn't happen?" JJ questioned as we walked out.

Then it clicked.

"To gauge the response time." I said. JJ looked at me confused.

"What?" She asked.

"If you were going to kill somebody and you wanted to call the police first, what would you need to know??" I asked her.

"How long it takes them to get there." She told me as I started to walk around the house.

"Reid" I heard her call out. I ignored her and looked into the windows to see Tobias walking around.

Then I saw about 12 computers stacked on top of each other with video footage of people. I looked around the room to find Tobias looking straight at me.

He ran

"JJ! Get back here!" I called to her as I saw him run out to his barn.

"He's the unsub!" I told her. "he's in the barn! Come on!" And we ran over.

"He's in here." I said and draw out my gun

"You sure?" She asked I looked at her like 'you think?' Look

""You ever seen me pull this thing out when I wasn't?" I asked her sarcastically. "Call Hotch."

"We're in the middle of nowhere, Reid. We have no cell service." She told me.

"Great, of course we have no service." I said and looked around to see if I could see Tobias.

"What do we do?" She asked me.

"I don't know. He's definitely in there." I told her as she pulled out her gun.

"You cover the front, I'm gonna go around back. Hotch and Y/n knows we came here, he'll come looking for us we'll just wait him out." I told her.

"What if he doesn't?" She asked me.

"If he doesn't, Y/n will." I said, then started to go around the barn. But JJ warned me.

"No, no, no, Reid, are you sure we should?" She said but I ignored her.

I ran around back to see if he ran off, I had my gun out in front of me as I did. I heard some rustling in the cornfield so I called out for JJ.

She didn't hear me.

I decided to go after him myself.

Was it a stupid idea? Maybe, could I catch him? Maybe, but I'd probably be fine since he's one guy and with no gun, right?

I followed his trail into the corn. I saw some wrestling and I dashed after it, I Heard some talking.

"Why you runnin' from the Devil boy?" A old man questioned.

"They're the FBI" Tobias said as I kept walking.

"They're devils! You're doing the lords work. You've got nothing to be afraid of." The man said.

I sprung out to try to fine them. I Heard Tobias beg the man that he didn't want to do it anymore. I heard smacking.

"don't disrespect me, boy." The man said, another smack.

Tobias kept apologizing and saying he will do it. But the old man didn't Believe him. Tobias apologize profusely.

'Where the heck is JJ?' I thought.

Then I heard gun shots. I ran to the barn to help JJ.

Then someone punched me

I fell to the ground and dropped my gun. I saw Tobias standing above me with my gun pointed at me.

"Wait, wait," I begged.

"I couldn't stop him by myself." Tobias said.

"Ok, ok" I replied. I didn't want him to get aggravated.

"I tried to warn everybody." He said.

"Just relax, Mr. Hankle, all right?" I told him. Then I heard another voice.

"Shoot him!" It said. But there was still one person in front of me.

"I don't want to!" Tobias said. His face changed into anger.

"I said, shoot him, you weakling! He's a satan!" Tobias said, but in a low deep accent.

Tobias's face kept changing. The gun in his hand was shaking and he was begging the other voice he didn't want to.

"He didn't do anything!" He said. The other voice argued.

"I won't tell you another time, boy, shoot him!" They said and everything went black.