Thirty-five: The boogeyman (3)

Warnings: same as last time :(
___________________________

October 26, 2006

When we came back, Gideon had walked in with Mr Charles to 'talk' to him. Apparently he figured out that Mr. Charles's son was the murder.

Gideon and Morgan were missing they both went to find a little girl that was missing. We we're told to head a parking lot where the both are.

We met up with the rest of the team to search for the little girl. We bounced theories off of each other to try to find them.

" where would a 12-year-old boy with a baseball bat hang out?" JJ asked everyone.

"The park." I question. Gideon nodded and then said "let's go." And we all got into the cars and drove off.

We all reached the park and spotted a purple backpack. It was Tracy belles. Gideon walked over to a pitchers glove that was Jeffrey's.

" Jeffries got her in the woods, split up." Gideon said to us all.

We all ran into the woods looking for the little girl. Then I heard a scream. It was Tracy. Gideon and I ran over to the little girl. We happened to be the closest.

Gideon picked up Jeffrey as I ran over to the Little girl. Jeffrey was banging a bat on the ground as he was walking towards Tracy.

I quickly grabbed the girl to get her away from Jeffrey, she sighed in relief and looked alright.

"You ok?" I asked her she nodded and I Comfort the girl as Gideon arrested the boy. We headed back to the cars.

We all stood around the parking lot of the park as Gideon was in the car with Jeffrey. Tracy's parents came to pick her up as Morgan, JJ, Spencer and I surround the black SUV.

Time skip

We were all on the plane. JJ was asleep on the couch, Morgan was listening to music while on though leather seats taking up to, and Spencer was sitting there, thinking. I was right next to him as I read a book.

"I should have said something." Spencer said quietly. I looked up at him with a questionable look.

"What?" I asked.

"To Gideon or Hotch or any of you guys. I talk to Elle that night and I knew she wasn't right. But i should have told someone." Spencer said. He blamed himself for Elle's strange behavior.

"Spence, don't blame yourself. You can't do that. You tried to help our friend. Elle made her own choice, that's not your fault." I told him sternly.

He did his tight lip smile as he looked over my shoulder to see what I was reading. I smiled at him to let him know I'm not mad.

After that, I went back to reading my book with my beloved boyfriend next to me. But I still felt something was wrong.

Hotch's POV:

I just got off the phone with Gideon and telling him I haven't found anything about Elle. She hadn't confessed to anything yet. I looked up to see Elle in my doorway.

"Gideon?" She asked.

"Yeah." I replied.

"Tell him I said goodbye." She said. I looked down realizing I lost one of my best agents. She walked in and place down her badge and gun.

"This is not an admission of my guilt." She told me.

"Right." I said and looked up at her.

"You know, when I first started this job, The sound of my phone ringing, a call from the bureau, I used to get so excited the blood would race through my veins. And now the same sound paralyzes me. I'm not the same person anymore. The night at lee's, if I had to do it all over again I wouldn't change a thing." She told me.

"Even though you killed someone?" I question. She turned her head towards the window of my office before turning back and sighing.

"I guess that's it then." She stated and walked towards my door.

"Did you know when I first join the team I couldn't figure out why you never ever smiled and how I thought I'm actually gonna miss that." Elle said

"I'm really gonna miss Y/n and the team. She's like a, little sister to me." And walked out my door, I saw her grab her things and walk out the glass doors.

"I'm gonna miss you too." I said to myself as I turned back to the papers on my desk.

An: short chapter but, it's a sad one :/