Forty-one: the big game (3)

Comincia dall'inizio

"A prowler?" Spencer asked. I looked at him surprised he didn't know what a prowler was.

"It's someone who moves through a place in a stealthy way to commit a crime, basically a robber." I told him. He nodded and started to listen to JJ.

"The witness was walking his dog in a nearby park going back to his car, he saw a man in dark clothes go over to the back wall and start sneaking up to the house. By the time the state police got there, prowler was gone." She said.

"Only one man?" Hotch asked. She nodded.

"Was The witness able to describe him?" Spencer question.

"If he did, it's not in this case file." JJ told him.

"name and address for the witness?" Hotch asked.

"Tobias Hankle. Lives about an hour from here." JJ said.

"Wait, Tobias Hankle?" I asked. JJ looked at me.

"Yeah, why?" She said.

"I think I've met him before." I said, the team looked at me. But I just couldn't remember what was wrong with him.

"I can't remember much about him though, but I remember he had a mean dad." I said. Spencer and JJ gave me a sad smile as Hotch started to talk again.

"It's a long shot, but I think he might be able to give us a description. Why don't you and Reid go out there, see if you can find Mr. Hankle and see if he remembers something."Spencer and JJ started to get up and leave.

"Spence, wait a second." I said quickly and walked over to him. He smiled kindly and stopped.

I gave him a quick kiss on the lips. Spencer smiled into it as I pulled away. I was blushing and grinning.

"Stay safe." I told him. He nodded while chuckling.

"I will." As he left with JJ. I turned around to see Hotch glaring at me. I looked down as he looked back at the board.

"He'll be fine." Hotch said after a couple minutes to reassure me. I smiled softly.

"I know." And then agent franks came from behind us.

"Agent Hotchner. State just responded to another murder." He said. I frowned as we quickly walk to an SUV.

Time skip

Gideon, Hotch,Morgan, Emily and I walked in the newest victims house. Hotch and the police officer from before had a small conversation.

"it took almost 11 minutes to respond. We only had but the one unit close." The cop said.

"Could the unsub know that?" Derek asked.

"lack of police presence out here has gotten some local media attention recently. Now, the 9-1-1 call wasn't the only thing that was different. This particular scene is weird in another way. Male victim upstairs throat cut." The cop said.

Morgan, Emily and I started to head upstairs.

We walked into the bedroom with a forensic coming out of it. We put on gloves and looked at the dead body that was, naked.

Derek walked into the room and looked around and crouched by the body as me and Emily follow.

"Don't look now, but we're on camera." Derek whispered. My heart sped up.

"Uh huh." Emily said. Trying her best to not look. I stood up and looked at the crime scenes more.

I figured that the computer was behind us so I try my best to look forward. After a little bit we headed downstairs to tell Hotch and Gideon what we found.

"there's a computer right upstairs." Derek said.

"it has a pretty good view of the room." Emily added.

"We have Garcia trying to trace the computers feed back to its destination." I told them.

Gideon headed upstairs with the officer. As the rest of us headed back outside.

"so let's work this out what does the new behavior tell us." Hotch told us.

"That there's only one unsub at a time. Uh Rafael? Alone?" Emily said.

"Not if he's the psychotic. He wouldn't be capable of operating this efficiently." Hotch countered.

"Someone was here who could control himself. Make sure no evidence was left behind." He kept going.

"At The first crime, unsub called the police, right? This time is Rafael, why? It's like the phone call is necessary. It's part of the signature." Derek said.

"Have we ever seen this in case history?" Hotch asked.

"A mixture of extreme psychosis and controlled individual, no. One of the most common indicators of extreme psychosis is solitude." I told him.

If only Spencer was here to tell us.

"They don't exactly play well with others." Emily commented. Just then, Gideon came back from the room.

"Was Garcia able to find anything on a Rafael in records?" He asked.

"Not yet." Derek said.

"So why is he naming himself?" Gideon replied.

"Twice, certainly not worried about us getting that name. In fact he wants us to know it." Gideon said.

"An alias?" Emily questioned.

"Or Rafael doesn't actually exist." Gideon replied.

"so we're not looking for a team?" Derek asked.

"Raphael's name of one of the archangels." Gideon told us.

"Meaning?" Emily questioned.

"We may have one unsub. Suffering from a delusion that he thinks he's actually an archangel. Maybe that phone call wasn't two people, but one." Gideon said.

"what about the third voice?" Emily asked.

"That I don't know about yet." Gideon told her.

"If Mrs Douglas is jezebel, there is an especially unpleasant death in her future." Hotch said.