Chapter 29 || Underoos

Start from the beginning

"Church, Jayce. Please. I just. I just need you to at least hug me."

When I snap back to reality I notice the quivering of her lips and the tears brimming her eyes. Smacking my lips together, I give in and nod, pulling her into my arms. She sighs in relief when she feels my arms around her and I can practically feel her body deflating.

I press my lips to the top of her head and close my eyes, feeling some of my stress floating away just by her touch. She buries her head in my chest and when we pull away she clashes her lips with mine.

Her eyebrows pull together and the force she kisses me with forces my eyes to screw shut, my hands going to her hips.

The feeling fills me up with warmth and sparks everywhere. I can tell she feels the explosion of emotions when she whimpers into my lips and cups my cheeks, deepening the kiss.

When we pull away, I pout at the coldness on my lips, already missing the contact but when I open my eyes and the first thing I see is a pair of beautiful green landscapes, all anger and stress melts away.

"It's you and me, okay?" She whispers, stroking her thumbs across my cheeks.

I gulp thickly and think of all the things going on but she hums and shakes her head, pulling my drifting her back to look into her eyes.

"No. Don't factor in anything else. This is about us right now. Whatever happens, it is us. I need you to p-promise me that. Please." Her voice starts to crack at the end and she lowers her hands to hold mine, allowing me to feel her shaking fingers.

"Hey, hey hey," I pull my hand away and place my pointer finger under her chin, lifting her head to look at me while I smile, making up my mind

She's the priority here. Not some stupid argument between two stubborn boys.

"It's you and me, Romanoff."

Her eyes go from scared to hopeful when I say that and she sniffles, "Really?"

"Yes, really. It's you and me, little spider. Yeah?"

She wipes her tears and nods with a smile, pulling me closer so that she can press her forehead to mine. Once our foreheads touch she sighs out happily, swallowing while nodding again, as if just touching our foreheads together reassures her.

"It's you and me, dorogoy."

She takes my mask out of the bag and pulls it over my head, kissing where she knows my mouth is and going back to the door.

"We should probably see what the hell's going on."

"Good idea."

We make our way back out, seeing that Steve and Sam have already ran out of the room. I make my way over to Tony with Natasha and we start walking with him.

"Please tell me you brought a suit."

"I'm not even going to ask where Parker got hers from but yeah, sure did. It's a lovely Tom Ford, three-piece, two-button. I'm an active-duty non-combatant."