| chapter forty. |

Start from the beginning

"Will not."

He leaned back in his chair with his eyes surveying the cafe boredly. "Oi, sunfish bastard," he called. "I heard you told my coach that you wanted us to stay at your hotel."

"No."

"So quick," he mocked. "You did it on purpose. I'm tired of seeing you all the time. Also, I don't want to see your face when you lose."

"I won't," Yanagi looked up. "I won't lose."

"So confident," he grumbled.

Yanagi shut down the laptop in front of him and placed it in his laptop bag alongside his tablet. "Oh, done already? That's fast," Konoha remarked.

"You'll be worried if I keep working. Also, you look bored," Yanagi said casually, sipping his tea calmly.

Konoha's eyebrow twitched in annoyance. "Who said I was worried?"

Yanagi chuckled, rose from his seat, carrying his laptop bag, and reached out a hand to Konoha. "Let's go."

The two of them left the cafe, walking through Tokyo, which was already starting to glow with sparkling lights. Tonight looks good. It was cold, but not so cold that they needed to tighten their coats.

Konoha let out a sigh. Blinked a few times while looking at the night sky. "Naoto, you read manga?"

"No."

He huffed. "You really are no fun," he mocked.

"What about manga?" he asked, ignoring his mock.

"Usually I always see the scene of a guy kissing a girl's hair," he explained. "What does it mean? It's romantic, but I still don't understand what it means..." then he continued. "That's why I'm thinking about trying it with Shirofuku or Kaori."

"Don't," Yanagi interrupted.

"You're right," Konoha grunted. "I would get slapped."

They resumed their walk in silence before Konoha abruptly came to a halt. Yanagi turned to the side with a frown on his forehead. "Akinori?"

"Lean down," he ordered.

The older raised an eyebrow.

"Lean down, you're too tall," he repeated. Finally, Yanagi obeyed his orders. Waiting for everything that Konoha will do. 

A pair of shoes was in his view, standing in front of him. The sound of Konoha's breath and perfume hit his senses. Yanagi is still waiting, who knows what Konoha will do. After a few seconds, the dirty blonde-haired teen stepped closer.

Yanagi's eyes opened wide, feeling Konoha's face get closer in his hair. And the hand that gently brushed his hair. No doubt, kissing his hair.

"Nope," an instant later Konoha stepped back from him. His tone sounded dissatisfied. "Your hair is too short." 

Yanagi made no response, straightened his back, and simply stared at Konoha's disappointed expression.

"But smell good, you've just washed your hair?" Konoha let out a grin, but from the corner of his eye, he could see Yanagi's expression was colder. And that slightly narrowed eyes.

Konoha just smiled awkwardly, confused by the situation. But then there was a blur from behind, and Konoha blinked at the familiarity. "Oh, isn't that your underclassmen?"

Yanagi glanced back. "Tobio? Shoyo?"

Just like an automatic, they both come to a halt. Using that time to catch their breath. "Yanagi-san!! And... Konoha-san too!!" Hinata greeted with a wide smile.