002 | sharp tongue

Start from the beginning

Arrik suddenly asks the raven-haired girl who didn't utter a word, "Where are you from, Kaileen?"

"I'm from Naboo." She briefly speaks to the stranger.

The young man seemed surprised by the girl's home planet, in fact, he did know Naboo because of their father who works in the outer rims as a spaceship engineer. "I see that you're a posh Nubian. Tatooine is not a place for a girl like you."

Kaileen stares at Arrik whose eyes are still at the road, "I completely agree with you, Arrik. I never wanted to be here in the very first place."

Arrik lets out a laugh as he can feel the frustration of the child. In fact, he has the same sentiment. He looks at the boy beside him, "I like her, Luke. I bet Biggs, Laze, Windy and Deak would find her amusing."

The girl crossed her eyebrows in annoyance. Is he referring to him as a source of entertainment for their friends? But Arrik cuts her line of thinking and tells her, "I don't mean it in a rude way, Kaileen. It would be interesting to have a girl with us."

The girl questions him, "I thought you had a girl with you?"

"Marstrap is a peach. It would be interesting for a Nubian girl to get some taste of doing some bulls-eye to womp rats."

Luke almost stood up to his seat as he heard Arrik, he surely didn't have in mind on taking Kaileen just to kill some womp rats. Wherein, Kaileen might tell his parents what he's truly been doing in Tosche Station.

He's truly and eternally screwed.

The sand-haired boy shot a look at Arrik, begging him to shut-up but Arrik Darklighter is quite interested in the Nubian. Maybe, he finds her rather delicate or fragile but little did he know underneath the hazel brown eyes of Kaileen Gozen; the girl find it foolish that such boy would belittle her just because she looked like a "posh Nubian."

She will never understand why boys would judge girls by their appearance. But then Kira was right, boys are easily judged.

By the long journey to Anchorhead, they finally arrived at Tosche Station. Kaileen removes her sand goggles as Arrik parks the land speeder from the entrance.

Luke told her earlier that it's a power station and a repair shop at the same time, but the girl wondered why she's seeing a lot of teens and kids around the station. For her, it reminded her of a place in Theed where Yuri, Elyjah, Ryoo and Pooja would usually visit during the weekends, even telling her it is just for grownups. It still couldn't fathom much in her mind why she's not allowed so being in Tosche Station felt illegal but then, curiosity still invades her mind.

Tosche Station was located just outside of the city of Anchorhead on the Great Chott salt flat of Tatooine. The station consisted of three buildings; the main building housed recharge facilities, a sales office, and game room. Next to the main building was a spare parts garage and repair shop. Behind the main building was the reactor building, which held a from an in-system . The reactor generated energy which was transmitted via underground power conduits to buildings in Anchorhead as well as nearby moisture farms.

Luke hops out of the land speeder and Kaileen does the same, she notices that some people are staring at her, as if they automatically know that she's from Tatooine. Is she that obvious?

Of course, the Skywalker boy went beside her and whispered; "I hope you did enjoy the journey. I promised you that we'll make something out of your boredom."

The boy smiles but Kaileen didn't budge to give a look at him, "Nothing new, Skywalker. I hope hunting womp rats is way better."

He hopes that she forgot what Arrik told her earlier so he tries to reason out, "Why don't we do other things, Kai? Maybe Dejarik chess?"