IX

Ohm snickered to himself, his thumbs typing away furiously on his phone.

Nanon was whining to him about his IG post and Ohm was enjoying every single second of his overreaction.

He teased him back, saying that it was okay for people to know that they wake up in the same bed sometimes.

Nanon the proceeded to send him a barrage of angry stickers which did not achieve the intended threatening effect.

A bright smile split his cheeks, the kind where the corners of your eyes crinkle.

He's so cute.

"Ohm?"

At the sound of his name, Ohm stopped texting mid-sentence and raised his head to see his girlfriend staring at him with an unamused expression, arms crossed nonchalantly but he knew better.

"O-oh, yes?" He smiled sheepishly and quickly stowed his phone away in his back pocket, ready for damage control.

"Am I boring you?"

"No way! That pink bag looks great on you. It really matches with your hairstyle today!"

"...But this isn't what I'm looking for."

"Oh. Uhhh." He racked his brain to see if he could remember the last few words she said, but he really couldn't recall what they were talking about.

He had been too engrossed in the conversation with Nanon, ecstatic that the younger man had been actively chatting with him. It was something that hadn't happened for a long while now.

However, that was no excuse to neglect his girlfriend who wanted to spend time with him on his rare day off.

"Sorry..." He took her hand and gave it a small squeeze, dipping his head down to look her in the eyes. "I'll pay 100% of my attention to you now. Forgive me?"

"100% huh?"

It never felt like she had all of her boyfriend's attention.

Physically he was there, but mentally, it was as if he was always searching, or rather yearning, for someone.

But he certainly wasn't aware of it.

And until he was, she would have the chance to change that, to one day have all his attention and thoughts on her.

She saw the remorse in Ohm's eyes, as well as the frown that set on his handsome face.

She sighed and smiled at him. "You're lucky you're cute. Anyways, I think I'm done with this store. Shall we move on?"

Grateful for the chance to redeem himself, Ohm nodded eagerly and followed her to the next destination.

For the rest of their time at the mall, he made very sure to resist the nagging itch to pick up his phone to continue talking with Nanon.

And everything went well.

There was laughter.

There was the usual banter.

And there was fun.

However something was missing, and she wondered why he didn't get the hint.

He had driven her home, and now they were basically in a standoff in his car.

She invited him upstairs.

And he froze.

"Well?" She tried to calm her heart down since this was a big step for her. "W-would you like to come up for a bit?"