VIII

True to his biological clock, Ohm woke up to the gentle rays of the morning sun that peeked through his curtains.

He was about to stretch both his arms up when he finally registered a weight on his left shoulder.

Nanon.

His friend was curled up against him in his arms, his hands in little fists on his bare chest. The sound of his soft snores were absolutely endearing.

Ohm moved slowly, craning his neck down to take a closer look.

He held back a coo at how adorable his friend looked with his pretty lashes and plush pink lips.

He couldn't resist leaning in, until his feathery dark locks tickled his nose. He breathed in deep, inhaling a sweet scent that belonged only to Nanon. He smelled of eucalyptus, probably from his shampoo, but underneath it was a much more prevalent scent that Ohm couldn't put words too. But it was undeniably one of his favorite scents. It was pleasant and soothing. Whenever Ohm breathed it in, he could calm down immediately, and his heart would find peace for a few seconds.

Nanon's scent was comforting, like a cup of coffee on a Wednesday afternoon, or a freshly baked muffin on a cold rainy day.

Ohm took another deep breath in, and exhaled slowly, burying his nose further.

He smelled like the hibiscus from his family's garden but also of the roses he loved so much.

He smelled like home.

Before his brain could stop his heart, he pressed his lips against the crown of head of the boy he adored beyond compare.

If only he could always have Nanon in his arms like this.

He sunk back down into the pillow, resting his head against Nanon's as he gathered him closer in his arms.

Just for now, he wanted to enjoy this rare moment of peace, when everything was right with the world.

He closed his eyes and let his mind drift off into a light slumber, none the wiser than Nanon had woken up to the kiss on his head and now his heart was running a mile a minute filled with what ifs.

):)

When Nanon inevitably gave up going back to sleep, he carefully (and regrettably) extracted himself from Ohm's arms and made his way to the kitchen to start conjuring up their breakfast.

He made eggs, ham, pork sausage, and grilled tomatoes with toast. Then he juiced some fresh oranges and voila, breakfast was ready.

Nanon had the silly idea to bring it to Ohm in bed but he dismissed it as quickly as it came.

It's not like they slept together and now he had to do the the after-sex-romantic-gestures-and-cuddles.

Ohm can just come out and get his own food.

But first, he'd have to know the food was ready.

So that meant Nanon had to go and wake him up.

He'd done this countless times but as he returned to the room with the sleeping boy, his heart picked up an extra beat with each step he took.

Like a certifiable creep, Nanon stared at the other unsuspecting male, admiring the curve of his brow and the slight part of his admittedly very soft lips.

Recognizing that his behavior was rather unbecoming (especially as someone who should only be a friend), Nanon decided it was time for a rude awakening.