"Hush now Violet. Maya you will take this to them, you can't go empty handed."Aunt Gloria said pushing the food she had been wrapping towards me.

"Auntie it's a dinner, there will be food there, why do I have to bring more food."I complained.

"Because it's rude to go empty handed."She replied.

"Then why can't I take some wine or flowers."I retorted.

"And you are."She replied retrieving a whole gift basket from a cabinet in the kitchen.

She placed it on top of the counter and making me gasp.

"Helooo, can anyone here me?"Vee huffed but I was too engrossed in all the stuff my aunt was making me take to pay attention to her.

There was wine, beer, flowers, chocolate, coffee, sweets and other stuff I couldn't see.

"Auntie no."I cried in protest.

"Yes you are, now make sure to have a good time and be back by eleven."She replied kissing my forehead.

I knew there was no point fighting with her since I wouldn't win anyway. Looks like I was bringing food and a gift basket to the Olsen family.

"Vee can you please drive me to the Olsen's?"I requested politely.

"Oh now that you need me, you acknowledge me. Wait, did you just say the Olsen's? You're having dinner with Elijah's family?"Violet asked and I nodded.

"How?"

"Amanda, one of his sister's invited me. Now will you drive me or should I get an uber?"I asked her.

"Don't get your panties in a bunch shortie, I'll take you. Let me just get my shoes and keys."She replied turning back around and running up the stairs.

Five minutes later we were on the road headed towards the Olsen's house. Amanda had told me that they still lived in the same house which according to Violet was only ten minutes away.

"Wait, does Elijah know about you going for dinner?"Violet asked me.

"Amanda told me that she would tell me so he probably does."I replied.

"Well at least he can't be a douche to you in front of his whole family."Violet reasoned.

I shrugged because I didn't know if she was right or not.

Thinking about Elijah reminded me of his behavior the previous day when he had handed me the boxing shorts. He had actually all on his own accord sought me out and practically demanded that I wear them. I only obeyed because I didn't want to give him more reasons to hate me. The girls had made a big deal out of the gesture but I tried to stay level headed and not read too much into it. It did sort of give me hope though that I was getting through to him, well until lunch when he refused to swap his apple for my orange. I knew how much he hated apples, he always had ever since we were little. He was caring one minute, making the boys apologize to us then rude the next by being a complete asshole to me. I did deserve it anyway so I didn't comment much on it. Hopefully going to dinner with his family would help with his behavior towards me.

"We're here."Violet announced pulling up to the familiar two storey house.

It looked the same to me bringing up a lot of warm childhood memories. Hosing each other done with Elijah when we got flower watering duty. Teaching each other how to ride bicycles up and down the driveway. And that last day when we sat on the porch and had enough candy to make both of sick. That had been one of the best and worst days of my life and I hoped Elijah would give me the chance to fix things.