第34.5章 - Everyone's A Little Crazy

Start from the beginning

Yuta looked around the abandoned factory building. It really was creepy. He could feel the abundant amount of curses waiting to crawl out of their hiding spots and wreak havoc. The only reason they hadn't already was probably because of the presence of Satoru and Hiyori.

"There's only two special grades so it shouldn't take that long. The rest are only first-grades and below" Satoru said. Maki, Panda, Toge, and Yuta turned to look at their sensei in shock.

'T-Two special grades?!' The only special-grade cursed spirits Yuta had seen so far were Rika and the two Suguru tried to kill him with during the Night Parade. This would be the first time he would be seeing a curse after Rika's soul was released. He got demoted to fourth-grade sorcerer right after that and hadn't been on a mission since. He stayed back with Maki since she was considered a fourth grade just like he was now, after his demotion, even though her skill was way beyond that level, while the others, mainly Hiyori, continued going on mission after mission.

"Okay" Hiyori said, one hand reaching for the hilt of her katana only to be stopped by Satoru. He smirked and shook his head. Hiyori looked at him in confusion.

"No katana today. You're only allowed to use your CE and these" Satoru reached into his pocket and pulled out a pair of sharp brass knuckles.

"You've got to be kidding me" Maki said in disbelief at their sensei. Hiyori's main form of combat was her katana and she would have to do without it for not one but two special grades and who knows how many other lower-level curses? Hiyori nodded her head in understanding before taking the brass knuckles from Satoru.

"These are cursed tools right?" Panda said, examining the brass knuckles Hiyori slipped on. Satoru nodded.

"That's right! I got them while I was in Brazil for an overseas mission!" Hiyori examined the brass knuckles and flexed her fingers.

"The sizing isn't that bad but I haven't used hand-to-hand combat against curses in a while. I might be a bit rusty" She commented. She reached into her jacket pocket to pull out her white ribbon.

"Hand-to-hand combat against curses...?" Yuta asked in confusion. Hiyori nodded.

"Not every sorcerer uses a cursed tool. Panda, for instance, uses hand-to-hand combat most of the time" Hiyori explained, slipping off her haori and handing it to Maki. Tsuki hopped onto Maki's shoulder.

"Alright! We'll be watching from a moderately safe distance!" Satoru said, ushering the rest of the first-years to one corner of the large factory's main floor. Yuta watched Hiyori stretch her arms before she raised her white ribbon and pressed a kiss to one end of it.

The effect was instantaneous. All the curses that had been hiding came out at once and charged at her. She slapped away a second-grade charging at her and it disintegrated immediately upon contact. "Ever since the Night Parade, the strength of curses has gone up exponentially." Tsuki mentioned while everyone watched Hiyori make quick work of tying her hair up with her ribbon before she began pummeling curse after curse.

"I think I'm starting to get the hang of using these" Hiyori commented before punching a first-grade so hard that she punched a hole through it. She wiped a bit of the curse spirit's blood that got on her face.

"In the field of jujutsu sorcery, you need to be at least a little bit crazy to deal with everything you see from mangled-up corpses to the most grotesque of curses" Satoru said, deciding now was the perfect time to start his lesson. Yuta would've turned to look at his sensei had he not been too entranced by the sight before him.

"Crazy...?" Yuta mumbled in confusion while watching Hiyori bash two curses' heads together in a splatter of gore. Her entire uniform was covered in the blood and spilled guts of the curses she brutally exorcised.