𝟏.𝟏𝟑, gryffindor v.s. ravenclaw

𝐆 𝐑 𝐘 𝐅 𝐅 𝐈 𝐍 𝐃 𝐎 𝐑   𝐕. 𝐒.   𝐑 𝐀 𝐕 𝐄 𝐍 𝐂 𝐋 𝐀 𝐖

        𝐉𝐀𝐍𝐔𝐀𝐑𝐘 descended upon Hogwarts like a wilting rose; the thorns and the petals alike.

Harry saw less of Melody during the week following Christmas, owing to her constant station atop the Astronomy Tower. The sky was brilliantly clear, but it was still bitterly frigid — after several days, she developed a nasty head cold, and resorted to living off of a couch in the common room.

He found himself bringing her herbal tea and chicken soup every few hours, and she always met him with a twinkling grin from beneath her blanket.

"I've contracted the Black Death," she'd joked one evening, giggling as she took a mug from his hand. "Get it?"

"Great historical joke, Mel," he'd responded, not as amused as she'd probably hoped. "Why did you go up to the Tower so often in these mind-numbing temperatures, anyway?"

Her grin faded, but that look colored her face — she was thinking of the stars, and of how they'd always been ready to listen. Law number three. "Who else am I going to confide in about my many pressing issues?" she had said simply. "Now begone! I wish to recover in solitude. Thank you for the tea."

Harry had obeyed, of course he had. As he climbed the staircase to his dormitory, however, he couldn't help but understand her reasoning: the pair of them did have many pressing issues, each more concerning than the last.

There was Black, Buckbeak, and now, the Firebolts — they'd been the owners of the best brooms in the world for a few short hours, and now, because of Hermione's interference, Harry didn't know if they would ever see them again. She must have meant well, but that didn't stop the anger: it had spiked and subsided within Harry and Melody, but Ron's temper had yet to flare out.

He was furious with Hermione — as far as he was concerned, the stripping-down of a brand-new Firebolt was nothing less than criminal damage. This led to Hermione's avoidance of the common room, despite Melody's pleas for her company.

"You'll have to settle for me," Harry told her when Hermione swept away to the library on yet another chilly morning.

Melody sighed, her voice scratchy with sickness. "Don't worry, you're secretly my favorite."

Although he enjoyed every minute with her, Melody's cold ran its course, and before long, she was clambering after Hermione through the portrait hole. All in all, Harry was glad when the rest of the school returned, and Gryffindor Tower became crowded and noisy again.

It was good to see Neville, Dean, and Seamus again, as well as the rest of the Weasleys, but it was Oliver Wood who sought Harry out on the night before term started.