Chapter 64: Anxious Holiday Prep

March 22, 2024

Tomorrow was the big day. And after the period scare Maya had a couple weeks ago, her enthusiasm never left. She adapted like a pro, going to school the day after, although they decided to keep her home from soccer training that week. That could happen next time.

She never complained or whined that she was in pain, quietly dealing with it on her own during the day, only to cuddle up to her moms at night, clutching her stomach. Her emotions were all over the place during the movies they watched. She was full on sobbing at times, which was fairly cute.

Today was a Friday. Their suitcases were packed as much as possible, only leaving their toothbrushes to put in tomorrow morning. Katya knew, like Maya, that she wouldn't be able to sleep tonight. Only her nerves weren't excited ones. But it was alright. It was just a country, she reminded herself. Just a piece of land. And Natasha would be there to comfort her if needed.

Speaking of Natasha, she sat in the driver's seat with a faint smile on her lips. It was around lunch time, and she had dragged Katya to the car without any explanation, only telling her she had a surprise. Katya bugged her the entire way into the city, asking question after question. But Natasha didn't budge, so she gave up after a while.

But now, as Natasha parked in front of a very familiar piercing shop, the brunette perked up and turned to her, wide-eyed. And the only word she could bring out, too excited and ecstatic to form sentences, was, 

''Boobies?''

Natasha chuckled at the absolute child in the passenger's seat, gathering her phone and wallet from the middle console. ''Yes, Kat, I am getting my nipples pierced.''

''Oh my god, yes,'' Katya exclaimed with a beaming smile, throwing her arms around her neck to press a kiss to her cheek. ''You're the best.'' Honestly, she thought Natasha had forgotten about it. Because since Christmas, neither had mentioned it.

Natasha sent her a pointed look. ''I'm doing this for me. Because I like how it looks,'' was her weak attempt at trying to justify her decision. But Katya didn't fall for it and rolled her eyes.

''Sure, sure. Come on.'' Excited, she reached for the door handle. But a realization stopped her in her tracks, slumping her shoulders. ''Although I don't like the idea of somebody else feeling up your boobs. They're only for me to touch.''

Natasha laughed at her pout, pushing her own door open. ''I'm sure you can get over that once you see the result.'' She got a point there. This was only temporary, and the result would be more than worth it. So, Katya forgot about her jealousy and got out of the car.

''You know, this is probably not smart to do the day before we leave,'' she remarked, letting Natasha intertwine their hands. ''What if it gets infected or something?''

''You know my body heals fast. It will be fine,'' Natasha dragged out, tugging Katya towards the door. ''Come on, enjoy this.'' 

''Oh, enjoying this, I will,'' she smirked. Twenty minutes of shame-free staring at her wife's boobs? She was definitely in. Not often she got to do that.

The piercer was a woman covered in tattoos and piercings herself. But not too much. A perfect amount so she looked badass. She was completely chill about all of it, not sparing Natasha's chest one look too long when she took her shirt off.

When Katya asked about it, she said she had pierced so many nipples in her life that nothing fazed her anymore. She got to work like a professional, explaining what she was going to do while cleaning the area. Not that Natasha needed reassurances. She had gotten stabbed and shot so many times that this would feel like a needle prick. And she wasn't worried or bothered at all.