Jinx: Here.

I was still confused while she gave me a box.

Y/n: What is this?

It was wrapped up nicely to be honest.

Jinx: Happy Birthday...

My confused expression went to a more surprised and happy one.

Y/n: You didn't have to.

I couldn't stop smiling while opening it. My smile was contagious 'cause I could feel Jinx smiling as well. Once I got it open, I pulled out a little heart pendant.

Jinx's POV:

At first, I was scared to give it to them. I've known them all my life and they means a lot to me.

Jinx: Happy Birthday...

Their happy face expression calmed my nerves.

Y/n: You didn't have to.

They seemed so happy yet surprised; they smiled from ear to ear while opening the box. Without realizing it, I smiled as well, and focused my attention on them. They're the only person in this fucked up world who sees me smile, genuinely smiling, and who makes me smile without them realizing it .Once they got it open, they looked at the little pendant and I could feel my anxiety go up when they didn't say anything for a moment. Do they hate it this much?

Jinx: Do...you like it?

They finally made eye contact.

Y/n's POV:

Inside the pendant was a picture of us, Jinx and I, from when she was 14. One of the most memorable days. It was Jinx's birthday, so much fun...I couldn't choke out a single word until Jinx spoke up.

Jinx: Do...you like it?

I looked at her and she seemed...nervous?

Y/N: Are you kidding me? I fucking love it...

I whispered the last part and smiled like an idiot. A smile drew her lips as well as she pulled me into a hug before whispering into my ear.

Jinx: I'm glad you like it, Sugar...

I chuckled at the nickname.

We stayed like that for 10 minutes then we pulled away before she helped me put on the pendant, so that we could continue on our bombs. We worked on them while listening to a song called "Get jinxed". We wrote it when I was 18, she was 16 and it's still amazing. We were so invested that we didn't hear Silco come in who screamed our names. He had enough and slammed his hand on a table, which muted the music.

Silco: Is anyone listening to me!
Y/: Oh,hi there,Silco.

He was definitely mad.

Silco: A building! In flames! Multiple enforcers! Dead! Enforcers! Dead!

Jinx laughed and I just smirked.

Jinx: Yeah, wasn't it amazing? We tried out Y/n's bombs and they were fucking spectacular. You should've seen how they flew all over the place.

I blushed at her ranting about my successful bombs while Silco sighed.

Silco: Oh my god...do you two have any idea what you've done?!

Jinx and I looked at each other.

Jinx: Actually...

I slowly pulled out a blue gemstone while the bluenette turned to the man in front of us.

Y/n: We do.

I held it out for him, so he could see it with his own eyes. His angry expression went to a surprised and intrigued one before he took it out of my hand to inspect it. Jinx chuckled and stood up before triggering fireworks to go off.

Jinx: Happy progress day!

I stared at her in awe, she looked so beautiful in the blue sparks and colorful fireworks. She turned her head to me and smiled before coming to our level while Silco was still looking at the gemstone in his hand. Seconds later, we both hugged him and I could feel him smiling at our success.

1089 words,here you go,Chapter 2.Hope you like it and have a good day,stranger ^-^