Possesion

Lisa was busy creating a presentation for her boss, when her phone beeped with a SMS. She was too engaged in her work and ignored the message. It was only a minute before the phone beeped again, and again... She got frustrated and took out her cell phone. It showed 3 new messages...

"Hi"

"Don't you remember you have a wife?"

"I hate you"

Lisa shook her head in dismay. The messages were from her wife, Jennie. She knew that she had to react quickly to avoid further consequences. Lisa pressed the windows + L key to lock her computer, and walked away from her desk. Once she reached a lonely spot, she dialed her number.

"Hello"

There was no response, but Lisa knew that Jennie had answered the call.

"Hello Jen.... It's me Lisa"

"Ya, I know"

"What happened... Why are you sending such messages?"

"I told you in the morning that I was not feeling well... Didn't it occur to you that you should call me and check if I was doing fine?"

"Oh, sorry.... I was busy with some work... Thought of calling you during lunch... How are you feeling now?"

"Why are you asking now? I won't tell you... It would have taken hardly 2 minutes to call me.... "

"Hey.... I was seriously busy... I need to deliver a presentation to my boss by today...."

"So busy that you couldn't spend couple of minutes for your wife huh? If your darling daughter ella had been ill, you would have called me multiple times by now..... Why are you wasting your time talking to me now.... Go back to your work", saying this, Jennie disconnected the call.

Lisa tried calling her again, but she didn't answer. Lisa tried sending a SMS, but there was no response. Lisa was wondering what to do now. She went back to her seat and sat down, with one hand on her head, when she heard a voice behind her...

"How are we doing with the presentation lisa" – It was her boss.

"Uh.... It's coming out well sir... I should be done with the first draft shortly after lunch"

"Ok Good..."

Lisa's mind was still thinking of Jennie, but she knew that she had to start working on the presentation. She half mindedly unlocked her computer and started typing "XYZ Technologies has over 10+ years of expertise....."

—————

Lisa reached home around 8 pm.

"How are you feeling now?"

"Better now..."

"Sorry that I didn't call you earlier in the day... But, why didn't you answer the phone when I called again? And, you didn't even reply to my messages"

"I was not feeling well, and when you didn't even care for me, I felt like crying... Anyway, leave it... I am ok now"

"I am sorry once again dear...." – Lisa felt relieved that Jennie was normal now.

But, Lisa's relief was short lived...... When she was at office the next day, she started getting messages like "You don't love me at all", "Why did you marry me", "I won't talk to you anymore" etc.

Lisa started worrying. Lisa tried calling Jennie, but there was no answer. But, when she reached home that night, Jennie seemed to behave normally. However, the next day, Lisa again started getting similar messages from Jennie that made Lisa worry even more. And again, she behaved normally during the night. This continued for almost a week. Lisa felt that they needed to talk it out before it gets worse...