Chapter 6

Anne's POV

I woke up and noticed Hop Pop, Sprig, and Polly still sleeping I wondered what time it was I walked out of the cabin deck and saw that it was still dark out it looked like it was about 6:00 am the sun wasn't up I noticed a Island in the distance it might be Darkstorm Island I stared at it for a minute then I heard someone behind me I turned around "It's just me" Sprig said "Ok, ok" I said I turned back around "Is that Darkstorm Island" he asked walking up next to me "I think it is" I said "Ok I'm tired I'm going back to sleep" he said turning around and starting to walk back into the cabin deck "Wait the sun might be up soon you should stay up" I said "Ok I'll try" he said "Good" I said I starred back at the Island again Sprig did too we stayed there for awhile I was looking for so long and Sprig started to get worried "Anne are you ok" he asked "I'm fine it's just-" I said but then I was cut off by Sprig "It's just what" he asked "It's just I don't think we'll find the mermaid before Sasha does" I said "We will Anne because we got you, you are one of the professionals we will find the mermaid before Sasha I know we will" he said I sighed "Maybe you're right Sprig sorry for being such a douter" I said "No need to be sorry I get it" he said "That's good to hear" I said "Yeah there you go" he said "I hope we find another riddle on this Island" I said "Me too" Sprig said I heard someone come up behind me and Sprig I turned around it was Polly "Oh hi Polly" I said "Hey what are guys up to up so early" she asked "I think it's 6:30 am" I said "Ok well then what are you guys doing" she asked "I don't know me and Sprig were just talking and waiting for the sun to come up" I said "Ok" she said she joined us and we waited for the sun to come up once it did Hop Pop woke up and came out "So let's get this show and the rode" he said he looked tired "HP you look tired did you stay up late" I asked "No I didn't" he said "Ok maybe you didn't but you look tired maybe I should stir the boat today" I said "Ok I did stay up late last night getting close to the Island maybe you should stir" he said "Yeah take a good rest in the cabin deck we got this" I said "Thanks kids" he said then went back in the cabin deck I went up and took the wheel I stirred to the Island we got to the Island really quickly we stepped on a the Island it started rainning "Don't worry it always rains on this Island we will dry up really quick" I said "Good thing to know and what are we looking for" Sprig asked I looked at the riddle "It says look threw a glass that's gray not turning back" I said "Ok a glass that is gray what's with the not turning back" he asked "I've read about this Island the not turning back part means a path that the glass that is gray is at the end" I said "Ok got it" he said "I don't know where this path is by the way" I said "Ok" he said "Don't worry we'll find it" I said "Yeah I know I wasn't worried" he said "Ok now let's try to find that path" I said while I started walking "Right there with you sister" Polly said following me Sprig followed after we looked around the island not the whole Island I found a darker path than the others "Hey I think this is the path" I said "I think you might be right Anne it looks darker than the other path let's go down it and see where it leads" Sprig said "Yeah and remember we are looking for a glass that is gray then we'll find a riddle maybe" I said "Yes" Sprig said we followed the path it went down some stairs into a cave the cave had mirrors all around the walls it lead to a room that was in a circle and had a mirror with a handle in the middle on a table I ran up to it "I think this is what the riddle meant when it said a glass that is gray the handle is gray" I said "Good job figuring out the riddle Anne" Sprig said "Thanks" I said I picked up the mirror and looked into it it showed a srcoll inside one oof the mirrors I put down the mirror and walked over to the one it was showing I put my hand on it and felt something I pushed down on the mirror and it opened up a hidden carpartment a scroll was sitting on the sheft I grabbed it "Good job on finding the riddle in that hidden carpartment" Sprig said "Thanks dude" I said I opened the scroll and read it out loud.

Great finding this riddle.
This next clue will stun you.
From the depts of water.
From the dark void.
Seek one who shocks.
And always kills.

"I think I know what Island it's talking about" I said "Ok what Island" Sprig asked "Deepstone Island" I said "Deepstone I've only heard stories about that Island" he said "I know me too I've never actally wnet there it should be off the cost from this Island" I said "Good we don't have to stay up all night getting close to the Island" he said "Yeah now let's head back to the boat we need to get to another Island" I said "Yeah" he said we headed back to the boat and I sailed away from the Island "You said the Island was off the coast of this Island" Sprig said "Yeah why" I asked "How long will it take to get there" he asked "Maybe a few hours or so I don't know" I said "Ok" he said "Yeah just sit back and relax" I said "Got it" he said he went up next to me and sat down next to my leg I sailed the boat to the Island we made it asap "Ok were here" I said "Nice let's find this riddle" Sprig said "Yeah" I said we got off the boat and walked around the Island I took a look at the riddle again "This next clue will stun you, from the depts af water, from the dark void, seek one who shocks, and always kills I think I know where to go" I said "Great where" Polly asked "This Island is haft way in the sea some people built a dark secert building under the water maybe the riddle was talking about" I said "You might be right Anne let's check it out" Sprig said we went to the building and went inside we walked around inside for awhile I knew what the riddle was telling me I knew which room to look in I ran to it Sprig and Polly followed me I ran into the room it had shock bars around the walls seek one who shocks and always kills this room I saw a scroll I ran to it I noticed it was behind the shock bars "Dang it" I said "What Anne" Sprig asked "The scroll is behind the shock bars I can't get to it" I said "Hmm maybe there is an off switch" he said "Yeah maybe hey Polly can you try to find a off switch while me and Sprig talk about how maybe finding the off switch won't work and we need another idea" I asked her "Sure" she said "Ok thanks" I said "Yeah no problem" she said she went to go find an off switch me and Sprig discussed what we will do "So got any ideas" I asked "No the only idea I have is we just put our hand in and pull out the scroll" he said "Yeah that might work but it will hurt you know that right" I said "Yeah I do" he said then Polly came back "Oh did you find an off switch" I asked "Yes behind you for that set of bars" she said pointing behind me "Oh I didn't see that" I said turning around and pulled the switch the shock bars disappeared and I grabbed teh scroll then I pulled the switch back up so the shock bars would activate again I opened the scroll and read it out loud.

Great using surrounding.
Next clue will hit you.
The end of time.
Look threw hall.
Perdict the future.
Find last riddle.

"Hmm I think I know what it is talking about" I said "Yeah where" Sprig asked "Timelight Island" I said "Timelight Island that's a long trip" he said "It is a long trip might take the rest of this day and tomorrow" I said "Then let's go and start heading over to that Island" he said "Yeah right we don't want to lose time" I said we got off the Island "Now the the sun is still high we can get far very far today tomorrow will be when we get there" I said "Got it Anne and it said this was the last riddle" Sprig asked "Yeah it did I wonder if these riddles tie to the mermaid in anyway" I said "Me too" he said we sailed for the rest of the day until night fell I stayed up a little just getting a few hours in to get to the Island I stopped when I was getting tired I didn't however go in the cabin deck right away I was thinking about what happened last night how I feel in the water and almost drowned then I woke up to Sprig over me I was convinced it was him who saved me but I still don't knwo who saved me from drowning maybe it was the mermaid but why would it save me it probably wasn't near the boat or it was I don't know I just wanted to go to sleep I went in the cabin deck and layed down and went to sleep.