Chapter Forty

┌──────═━┈┈━═──────┐

H o m e

└──────═━┈┈━═──────┘

13/03/2032

"I can't get you all that stuff but I can give you all my love~"

Taehyun groaned and reached his left hand out to the beside table to turn off the alarm. Pulling himself up into a sitting position, he squinted his eyes and stared at the white wall, his brain still half asleep.

"Good morning."

Taehyun turned to his side and was greeted by Beomgyu, who looked handsome as always despite just having woken up. Taehyun smiled and pressed a kiss on his lover's lips. "Good morning."

The now black haired male turned to his side, finding the space beside him empty. It had been empty for the past ten years. Leaving a space for Beomgyu on the bed had became a habit of his. Sighing softly, Taehyun got up from his bed and walked out of his room.

Making his way down the stairs, he smelt the lightly caramelized and nutty aroma of coffee. A hint of bacon and buttered toast was mixed into the aroma as well.

"Ah, hyung! Good morning!" A teenage boy looked up from his phone as soon as he heard Taehyun's footsteps.

"Good morning Hyunjo" Taehyun ran his fingers through his messy bed hair as he took a seat across the boy.

When Hyunjo turned 11, Taehyun had decided to let him live with him. He was a good boy. Obedient and bright. Taehyun had no problems dealing with him along with his busy schedules. Hyunjo was pretty mature for his age and sometimes Taehyun felt as if he was the one being taken care of. Hyunjo would prepare breakfast and lunch boxes for him everyday and would look after Taehyun's health too. When Taehyun couldn't sleep, Hyunjo would brew chamomile tea for him. When Taehyun came back exhausted and stressed, Hyunjo would make sure to prepare a warm bath and his favourite TV show for him. Honestly, Taehyun didn't need to worry about the boy at all. He could take care of himself, and take care of others too.

"How's school?" Taehyun asked as he finished up his bacon with toast.

"School just barely started hyung..."

"Right" Taehyun sipped on his coffee. "I heard Siwoo is attending the same school as you."

Hyunjo visibly blushed at that. "Y-yeah... Same class too."

Taehyun smiled. How innocent and pure. If Beomgyu was still here, he would definitely tease the poor boy.

"Hyunjo."

"Yes?"

"Do whatever you want while you can" Taehyun advised. "Don't do anything that you will regret later on though. Don't let any opportunities slip away. Keep your loved ones close by. Learn whatever you want to, Hyunjo. Hyung will always support you. You don't have to do STEM subjects just because Beomgyu hyung and I did them. If you love literature and arts, go for it."

"But then who will-"

"Don't worry unnecessarily" Taehyun frowned. "It's still too early to think about it. I'm planning to work til I'm 56 you know. That's 26 years from now. I know you like reading and doing arts. You have talent and hyung supports it."

Hyunjo looked at Taehyun, finding only sincerity and seriousness on his face. The teenager seemed unsure at first but a smile slowly found its way to his lips, his eyes sparkling with appreciation and respect.