Chapter Thirty Two

┌──────═━┈┈━═──────┐

B e o m g y u

└──────═━┈┈━═──────┘

17/09/2022

Beomgyu was gone. He was nowhere to be found. Not like Taehyun was intentionally trying to find him though. When he found out that night that his own best friend knew about Beomgyu's circumstances, he felt betrayed. How could his best friend not tell him something so important and critical? Taehyun actually fought with Hueningkai that night too. Words could not describe how Taehyun had felt. He was beyond disappointed, angry, upset and sad. However, a part of him was still worried about Beomgyu. He had loved him after all. Taehyun hadn't tried reaching out to him, but his friends did. Hueningkai, Soobin and Yeonjun all attempted to contact him but none of them was able to get in touch with Beomgyu. The last call Beomgyu had ever picked up was the very call in which Hueningkai had scolded Beomgyu for his idiocy. All of his friends had visited the house except for him, but Beomgyu wasn't home no matter what time they visited. Which was extremely odd. Beomgyu's cars were still parked there, Taehyun had given them his keys and they had entered the house. Everything was still in place. They even checked Beomgyu's room which happened to be unlocked. Everything was there as well... except for a few things. Hueningkai had taken a picture and showed it to Taehyun. The storybook which Taehyun had gifted him and the chest that were originally on the mini shelf were gone. They were replaced by the pendant and crystal Taehyun had left behind. Taehyun was then bombarded by questions about the presents since they had never seen anything like that before. Taehyun was undoubtedly in a foul mood and was extremely annoyed by their constant questions.

Both Taehyun and Hueningkai had contemplated if they should tell Soobin and Yeonjun the truth. And they did. They didn't know if it was the right choice, since it would be risky if more people knew but Soobin and Yeonjun were Beomgyu's best friends, and Taehyun believed that they deserved to know. And as expected, Soobin and Yeonjun couldn't process it at all at the beginning. They were all dumbfounded by the sudden information. And just like Taehyun, they couldn't digest it for the first few days. However, unlike Taehyun, they soon came to terms with it.

It also struck to Taehyun how Beomgyu's parents didn't even realise his son was missing. This saddened the younger. Even though he wasn't supposed to care about him anymore, he couldn't help but pity him. Beomgyu must had always been lonely on the inside.

"He's not gone yet, right?" Yeonjun asked anxiously.

"No" Hueningkai frowned. "His time isn't up yet, I'm sure of it. We just don't know where he's hiding."

"S-should we tell his parents and the authorities after all?" Soobin rubbed his hands together nervously.

"No!"

All of them turned to Taehyun, surprised by his sudden rejection. He had been quiet about it the whole time.

"Taehyun?"

"I..." Taehyun's whole face heated up from their intense stares. "I-it's not a good idea... He said not to tell anyone... especially his parents. I don't think his parents would react well with it too. I'm going to the hospital today! Siwoo's having her surgery today... I'm sure that Beomgyu will go too since he cares a lot about her. Then I will let you guys know if he appears to be well."

"That means you will see him" Hueningkai looked at his friend, concerned. 

"I will be fine" Taehyun convinced him. "I don't plan to interact with him."

"Maybe we should all go" Soobin suggested.

"No! That will be already more suspicious than it is... Imagine that man's friends appearing all of the sudden" Taehyun reasoned. Yes. Taehyun had been referring Beomgyu as "that man". He hated the man to the core now. Or at least that was what he believed.