Chapter Nine

┌──────═━┈┈━═──────┐

H y u n g

└──────═━┈┈━═──────┘

17/06/2021

"Beomgyu is not perfect. He can be an immature and selfish brat at times but I hope you can forgive him. He's pure at heart and he truly doesn't wish to burden others. He can be difficult to deal with but it doesn't mean it's impossible. He values his freedom a lot right now... And I hope you will be able to learn why as you get to know him better. Taehyun-ah, I'm sorry that I have to leave such a difficult task to you but please take care of him. He needs someone who truly understands him."

"I will try my best..."

"Thank you, Taehyun."

Taehyun's eyes fluttered open. He stared at the white ceiling before taking in his surroundings. He was on Beomgyu's bed. He rolled over to the side to take a glance at the older. Beomgyu was still asleep. Taehyun hated to admit but Beomgyu looked good even when he was asleep. He then thought back about the dream he had. It wasn't a sweet dream at all. It felt more like a nightmare to him. It was a memory of his before they got engaged. It was Beomgyu's grandfather who was talking to him. The old man treated and adored Taehyun like his own grandson and Taehyun loved him. He was also the man who saved his family during their worst times. He sighed. He had forgotten about the part where he was told to get to know Beomgyu better. All this time he tolerated Beomgyu just because his grandfather had told him to take care of him. He had only been doing chores for Beomgyu. He hadn't try talking to Beomgyu. The way he talked to Beomgyu was harsh too. Well honestly he couldn't blame himself for that. Beomgyu really did get on his nerves sometimes. He was an eyesore too... But Beomgyu had really been more tolerable.

Taehyun continued to gaze at Beomgyu. He couldn't help but admire his facial features for a little longer. His skin was flawless and smooth. His chin was sharp. His lips were soft and round, forming a natural pout. His nose was high and he had really long eyelashes. His eyes looked soft and... Wait. Taehyun widened his already large eyes when he realised that Beomgyu had been awake the whole time and was staring right back at him.

Taehyun shot up from his position, flustered. His ears turned red from embarrassment but he kept his eyes on Beomgyu.

The right corner of Beomgyu's lips curled up, forming a smirk. He never thought that he would ever catch Taehyun observing him like this. It must be a good sign.

"Morning Taehyun" Beomgyu greeted as he sat up on his futon, his loose black shirt sliding off slightly to his right shoulder, revealing his collar bone and delicate skin.

Taehyun gulped at the sight and took a few seconds to regain his composure. "Morning" he said, returning to his usual cold demeanor towards Beomgyu.

Beomgyu wasn't affected by it. He folded his blanket neatly and set it on the futon before getting up and walking to the closet to pick his outfit for the day. It was the last week of class before their study break for their upcoming exams. He didn't have any classes on Fridays so today was the last day of class for the term. Even though Beomgyu and Taehyun didn't share the same classes on Thursdays, their classes shared the same time. They always left separately but that could change today.

"Do you want to go to school with me today?" Beomgyu asked as he walked to the bathroom.

Taehyun thought for a while before saying, "Sure."

Beomgyu smiled to himself.

"Good morning Taehyun-ah!" Beomgyu's mother greeted him enthusiastically when she saw Taehyun walking down the stairs. Taehyun was already dressed and prepared for school. "I prepared sandwiches for breakfast, come and eat."