SANO MANJIRO X READER

Start from the beginning

The apartment where he's staying is spacious and comfortable. His place is too clean and tidy, too minimalistic as well. He's really an organized person. Guren lets you sit on the sofa as he prepares some cola for you. After that, he sits on the couch in front of you and looks at you in a professional brotherly manner.

"It's the first time my sister knocked on my door like this. I presumed the matter is something unbearably important." He started and leaned on his couch as he took a small bite from the doughnut, "How can I help you, (Y/N)?"

You stayed calm and looked directly into his eyes in a deliberate manner. You want to be as professional as ever, "Brother, I have a favor to ask you."

He didn't say anything as if he'd expected it already. He just waited for you to continue.

"It's about what's going to happen two weeks from now." You mumbled in an almost inaudible manner, "I don't want to say it right now directly in front of you but here... here's the letter with the full details of what's inside my head."

"Two weeks from now, what's with that date?"

Your eyes lowered down and a glint of sadness plastered on them, "The final battle."

"(Y/N)." His voice turned serious. He has a lot of influence as well as experience to not know what this final battle is all about, "What am I missing?"

You held the enveloped letter tighter while you are still averting your gaze from him. You don't want to make him worried but it's inevitable. At the end of the day, you can only ask for his help in order to turn everything into places. With his power and connection, you know you can rely on Guren about the final touches of the future.

"The biggest delinquent gang in the country is setting everything to an end, nii-san. When that time comes, I want you to be prepared for what's about to happen. I will need your help, it's you that I can only trust with this matter."

He accepted the envelope and gave it a glance before looking back at you with a serious gaze.

"Do you think after hearing these... I will let you join the battle between them, (Y/N)?" His tone is dangerous and concerned, like a father knowing her daughter is on the brink of death, "You shouldn't and you wouldn't."

You didn't faze. You remained calm, giving him a small reassurance that you'll be fine. You give Guren an impassive look and he's giving you a dangerous one.

"Everything is in the letter, nii-san." You stated politely, still as calm as the river, "After you read them, you can talk to me again."

His jaw clenched but he stayed silent. He's staying calm, too, but his dangerous presence is all over the place. You know he's concerned for your well-being but he must know how he can't do anything about it. He put the doughnut that he's holding down and opened the letter you gave him.

You are watching his expression as his eyes move within the letter. You see the small shock in his expression and the way his jaw tightened. You can see the concern, the glint of anger, and the shadow of disbelief in his face. All in all, you know he would extremely refuse to help you but he has no choice.