Chapter 7: "Pensieve like Dumbledore"

Start from the beginning

I then looked down at my 'engagement ring' - as Ace called it when he gave it to me two day ago. He just sent a jeweler to me who waited patiently while I chose my ring from the photos of other thousand expensive ones. It was difficult to chose and I would have chosen the cheapest one but then Ace's reputation came in front of my eyes and I reluctantly decided to chose something up to the mark of what Ace would be expecting. The one I selected was a gold plated with silver work and had diamonds studded around it. In the center rested a beautiful diamond crystal which made it look breathtaking. After I selected it, the jeweler said that the same ring as in the photo but of my size would be made and delivered to me by that evening only. And surely that evening Ace came and gave it to me.

But it was nothing like a normal engagement where the groom makes the bride wear it because there is nothing normal about our fake-deal-marriage.

So this is why I am wearing this ring which costs much more than me.

I shook my head to clear my thought, smiled and told Jess that I do not need anything else. I told her to take care of the arrangements outside and after doing a last touch up, she went. Then I again stared at my reflection and thought how beautiful I was looking and wondered what my mom would have said if she was with me today. The thought made my heart clench and eyes watery.

Everything about today, from my dress to the arrangements everything was perfect, just the way I had imagined my wedding day but the most crucial thing was missing - a perfect husband. How good would have it been if all this and our marriage was real-

But it was just a deal.

I shook myself from the thoughts and put on a fake yet convincing smile on face. I can do this, I am going to do this for Aaron.

With this thought I stood up and closed my eyes for a second thinking about my mother. Just then Jake came and said "You are looking gorgeous, Eva. But think once again, I have been telling you this since the day you told us about your wedding - please reconsider this, are you sure about this wedding - just say once and I will stop this wedding you don't - "

"I am sure about this Jake. I want to marry Ace. We have been together since the past one few months." I said lying to him. I didn't want to worry him. Ace had told me not to tell anyone about the marriage being fake without providing a reason why I should do that, but I know better than to question him.

He had given me a whole file of rules and regulations made by his lawyer about this fake marriage and I had requested some changes which he thankfully agreed to. He said he would come to me before the marriage to get it signed by me but till now there is no trace of him, unless he has discovered a way to make himself invisible like Griffin in the book "The Invisible Man".

"I want you to know that I am here for you beautiful, whenever you need me, okay?" Jake's voice brought me back to earth and I just nodded giving him a smile. He then pulled me into a hug and I hugged him back reassuring that I will be fine.

"Sorry if I am disturbing something but I need to talk to my to-be-wife for a minute if you please." A voice came from behind me. I turned around leaving Jake's embrace, to see Ace standing on the doorway of my room - In the hotel of course, as all the preparations have been done by Ace.

"Oh okay, sure." Jake said and with one last assuring look he left.

"I see you were busy with your boyfriend but I think I mentioned in the rules that till-"

"-I am your wife and I am not allowed to date anyone else." I completed for him "Yeah, I perfectly remember it Mr. Ace and for your kind information Jake is not my boyfriend, we are just friends so no need to create a fuss." I said quite curtly.