"Take the high road"

(A/N - You have got to check the above video, it relates to the chapter..it's just of one minute..but perfectly describes the beauty of the resort I will talk about in the chapter ahead.)

EVA'S P.O.V

2 days later

The darkness around was making my head throb. The dark colored cloth covering my face was making my claustrophobia kick in and the cloth stuffed in my mouth wasn't helping either. As far as I could assume, I was sitting on a chair or something like that with my hands tied to the arms of the chair and my ankles tied to the foot of the chair.

Sounds like the perfect kidnapper.

I had gained consciousness a few minutes ago and I still didn't know what time and day it is. I struggled to get out the strong hold of the ropes holding me, but it was too tight for me to break. After many attempts, I realized that it was no use throwing my hands and legs as the more I did that, the more the roped rubbed against my skin bruising it.

I gave up struggling after many attempts and the feeling of helplessness took upon me. A tear out of fear cascaded down my cheeks.

I need you Ace.

Save me.

************************************************

Present time

The gradience in the sky made it look prepossessing. The infinite sky boasted it's infinity by staring at me as I looked at the blue expanse. The fact that I was at Six Senses Zil Pasyon , Seychelles, ​Félicité island (Africa) - made it much more beautiful. 

The resort is way beyond the definition of beauty. The luxurious hotel is on the island which makes it one of costliest and most beautiful resorts in the world. I am currently standing in the huge balcony of my room with the breeze sweeping my hair as I think about how our so-called-honeymoon is going to come to an end as this was our second last destination. 

I looked at the sea ahead and the desire to swim in it washed into me. 

Why don't I know how to swim?

But that will not stop me from going to the shore and putting my legs in the water while watching the waves go to and fro. And beaches scream - bikini!

Thanks to Jennifer, she actually packed a pair of bikini for me. It's to show off my ugly, not-so-model-like body to everyone around. Note the sarcasm. 

 "Are you trying suicide?" Ace's not-so-pleasant-but-insanely-hot voice interrupted my chain of thoughts. I rolled my eyes and turned back to see him standing at the door, leaning against the doorframe. 

Warning! Don't imagine the Sexy jerk in front of me right now or you will die of fangirling. 

p.s. I am not at all lying. 

"If you are then please don't try it here, do it at somewhere where I am not there." He added with a serious face.

"Why? Are you too sensitive to watch your wife die?" I asked very sweetly.

"Oh no no. Don't get me wrong. I just want to save the money of repairing the railing of the balcony as it would get a dent if you hit it. And also I don't wanna get into investigation affairs. Peace is the least thing you could gift me after leaving this world for good, you know." He said with a very-very serious face which made me want to punch him. 

"Oh shush up. I am not running away because of your tough exterior anymore. Try something else Mr. Apathetic." I said truthfully. I know he would save me the second something tries to hurt me.....