• 𝐂hapter 39

Start from the beginning

"Oh, we're doing this all right. You're not leaving this conversation. And, if you call me Kitten one more time I swear to God I'll throw a vase at your head."

His shoulders shook with laughter as he turned around and met my gaze. "If anybody ever tells you that you're beautiful when you're angry, they're lying."

My cheeks flushed with anger. I glowered at him, my blood boiling.
"I'm not in the mood for your jokes, Killian, what you did was wicked and cruel."

He raised his brows, knowing it would irritate me. "You saw it as wicked and cruel I saw it as punishing my lying wife who went against my orders while knowing what I was very well capable of doing.".

"Bullshit, Killian! Bull. Shit!" I jabbed my finger through the air toward him. "You know, I've been trying to think the best of you but you make it so hard. You're so," I fumed. "Insufferable, domineering, and repulsive. It's sickening!"

His lips twitched into a cruel smile. "I thought you were going to say something bad?"

For some reason, his unaffected demeanor only irritated me the more. He was playing with me, enjoying how riled up I was.

I ground my teeth together, my anger returning in full force. "You're so-God I hate you right now."

"That's best for both of us."

My hand forked through my hair like a maniac. I couldn't hold my tongue any longer. "Can you just stop being arrogant and at least have the decency to accept that you did something wrong! What you did to those people was evil. That is their only source of income and you took it away because that's what you do," I took enough steps toward him, my fingertip jabbing his chest as I continued. "You take from people, you control them, you make them miserable, make them hateful but you know what? Punishing people for your faults won't make you feel better, it will only prove how much of a freak you are!"

My anger bubbled inside me and I had no idea where that outburst had come from but I didn't care because he needed a freaking reality check.

All sense of humor ceased from his face when he dragged his cold gaze up slowly until it collided with mine. "My orders were pretty clear from the beginning, Hope," his tone was as cold as ice. "You were the one who decided to flaunt them and if you hadn't, none of this would've happened." He scowled, fury emanating from every pore.

"I don't care how you decide to justify yourself. You might be a control freak and maybe your previous girlfriend let you have your way but I will not be your doll. I will not let you ruin my life any more than you already have and If you don't correct this, I swear to God, I'll run away with this child and you'll never see me again."

His eyes widened and he paused as if he were taken aback by my demand. "What did you say?"

I clenched my fists by my side, staring him straight in the eye. "I'll leave, Killian. I'll leave and you'll never see me again."

"You wouldn't do that to me." His voice softened, somehow catching me off guard.

No, I wasn't going to let him off easy. "I would," I responded. "I will, Killian. Our wedding is a mockery, all we do is fight and have sex. Nothing is right and soon enough I'll leave, I'll-"

"You're not allowed to leave me." He cut me acidly, looking me dead In the eye. "I won't let you leave, and don't ever threaten me with a thing like that again."