moments later, the waiter came with their food. senna thanked the man and he sent her a wink then walked away.

the food looked delicious and senna couldn't wait to dig in and eat it.

"looks good." zuko spoke up.

senna nodded, agreeing with him, "you never answered my question. how have you been?"

zuko sighed, "im in ba sing se working in a tea shop, pretending to be someone named lee, how good do you think im doing?"

the tone in his voice shut the girl up immediately. she didn't bother to answer and continued with eating her food.

zuko noticed it and mentally slapped himself. he didn't mean to snap at her, he really didn't.

"sorry." he said, "just got a lot on my mind."

senna took a sip of water and nodded, "same with me."

zuko could sense she was down. probably about the break up with water boy or something happened that she's not telling him.

"senna....i have something to say that i've been meaning to get off my chest."

senna looked up at him and placed down her chopsticks, "what's up?"

zuko took a deep breath, "i lied. i didn't need a waterbender to help find the avatar. i just...wanted to get to know you because your mother, yanmei, talked so much about you and i needed to know you. like something inside me was telling me that i needed you in my life..."

senna was shocked. she wanted to feel angry at him for taking her away from her home for no reason but she was also happy he did. she would've never met him or iroh or the gaang.

"and im glad you did." she smiled, zuko looking up at her, his face relieved that she wasn't mad at him.

"i never saw you as the villain, zuko. i saw you as a regular person who was hurting a lot on the inside."

hearing this, made zuko feel way better about himself. he's been struggling with his demons lately about who he has become.

"i love you."

his heart skipped a beat as those words left the girls mouth. his once very sad frown was slowly turning into a small smile, "i love you too."

[xxxxxxxxxx]

after their dinner and talking some more, the two decided to go on a walk around the town. it was very beautiful at night.

zuko then stopped, "i'll be right back."

senna nodded and watched the boy quickly walk away. moments later, he came back with a handful of flowers.

senna gasped as he handed them to her, "they're beautiful, zuko. thank you."

his small smile from before came back and he nodded, "you're welcome."

they're as beautiful as you...he wanted to tell her but felt like it was too soon, he'll tell her eventually.

the two walked toward a fountain with unlit torches all around it. senna and zuko shared one look and then sprung into action.